What's new

Domain appraisals on .com.au's

Christopher

Top Contributor
Hey guys,

I've recently switched over to Wholesale Synergy to save on my renewals, but still need to save more money, so I would like honest opinions on what to do with the following domains?

Do i drop them? Quickly put a site on it and try to flip it on flipper? or does anyone see a need for it and want to buy them?

customerhelpdesk.com.au
customersupportdesk.com.au
getrichmakemoneyonline.com
marketingfunnel.com.au
marketingfunnelautomation.com.au
melbournevideoservice.com
melbournevideoservice.com.au
melbournevideoservices.com
melbournevideoservices.com.au
teamprojects.com.au
tiny.we.bs
trk.we.bs
wpprotection.com.au
Thanks
Chris.

Scott7

Top Contributor
I wouldn't bother with Flippa, especially for .com.au names.
I would keep MarketingFunnel.com.au and maybe TeamProjects.com.au, although I think the singular is better and still available for hand reg, so maybe not. If you decide to keep the video service ones, I would stick with the singular form.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Avoid domains like this
tiny.we.bs
trk.we.bs
You have no control over them!
Keep
teamprojects.com.au

In my humble opinion

Christopher

Top Contributor
I wouldn't bother with Flippa, especially for .com.au names.
I would keep MarketingFunnel.com.au and maybe TeamProjects.com.au, although I think the singular is better and still available for hand reg, so maybe not. If you decide to keep the video service ones, I would stick with the singular form.
Thanks Scott. Helpful.

Christopher

Top Contributor
if in 24 months I earn $0.00 from a domain name, I drop it -
Yep I haven't made anything off them, even business wise. At one stage I had some ideas for them, but with no surplus in finances, they are more time wasters than money makers. Thanks Scott, for your input.

Christopher

Top Contributor
Avoid domains like this
tiny.we.bs
trk.we.bs
You have no control over them!
Keep
teamprojects.com.au

In my humble opinion
Thanks DNEbook. It was interesting chatting with you about the domains, I never saw the .we.bs as a subdomain, tld, and will also look at dropping another one i have using the .we.bs extension.

Christopher

Top Contributor
sending PM, sorry but i can't disclose client
Look forward to the pm's about it. And yes it would be interesting to have conversations further in a new thread about when is the right time/decision to decide to drop a .com.au . Thanks Tim for your input.

snoopy

Top Contributor
if in 24 months I earn $0.00 from a domain name, I drop it -
//////

SERIOUS ? please start a new thread and explain this as i am truly interested, lets not steal this thread.
tim

It is a fair comment.

If names are making *nothing* at all from parking that is a reason to be concerned. How can it really be a decent domain? It is probably not a logical name at all. If someone has 200 names and some don't make much parked ok, but if it is a portfolio full of names like that the likely reason is that they are really bad domains.

I suspect most people who make a profit from domains at least cover a good chunk of reg fees with parking revenue.

snoopy

Top Contributor
i think thats a dead mode of business.
tim

Pretty much all good domains have parking revenue and even stuff worth $100 will typically have something. As I said most people who make money in the industry have names where a good chunk of renewals are covered.

It isn't about trying to get names with traffic, the traffic is part and parcel of a good name. It will just be there. If there is none (especially on the basis of a group of names) then think carefully at whether the names are actually worth anything, a decent name will usually have people gravitating towards it.

Christopher

Top Contributor
These are shockers and you have a tonne of research to do on the different between a good and bad domain I'm afraid.
Thanks snoopy, i'm still a newbie, and do you have a good thread or resource on how to learn the differences between good and bad domain?

As far as knowing if they make any parked money. None of them have been parked up till know, they were all at one stage a planned project. But know just gone to the wasteland of old ideas. Was wondering if salvageable, or just drop them. But thanks for your opinions, as I did ask for honest feedback, and this will save me wasting my breath, and money.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Thanks snoopy, i'm still a newbie, and do you have a good thread or resource on how to learn the differences between good and bad domain?

As far as knowing if they make any parked money. None of them have been parked up till know, they were all at one stage a planned project. But know just gone to the wasteland of old ideas. Was wondering if salvageable, or just drop them. But thanks for your opinions, as I did ask for honest feedback, and this will save me wasting my breath, and money.

Would suggest studying the drops to see what is worth something and what isn't. Would let all those expire.

Careful about .com.au also, not a great market to be in.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Thanks snoopy, i'm still a newbie, and do you have a good thread or resource on how to learn the differences between good and bad domain? As far as knowing if they make any parked money. None of them have been parked up till know, they were all at one stage a planned project. But know just gone to the wasteland of old ideas. Was wondering if salvageable, or just drop them. But thanks for your opinions, as I did ask for honest feedback, and this will save me wasting my breath, and money.

Christopher use drop.com.au to get an idea of potential traffic and income; to many people start out enthusiastic about domain name investing and simply fall in love with their own sense of creativity. Most are usually inspired by supply side propaganda or other organisations with agendas to increase “creates” - The lesson learned is not easy because, every domain name you create appears as a "good Idea" this mentality induces newbies into a type of poker machine trance until, 2 years later your “good ideas” were merely $20 dreams to entertain the ego

Advice:
The trend is your friend but these friends only remain for a short period of time whilst new friends are on the way ;) the trick is to see what people need before they need it, get in quick before it catches the eye of others.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member