What's new

Virtual news dot com dot au

KWNG

I get on average 81 visitors a day and thats massive. How should I valuate this? Would love to sell to a major news organisation:)

KWNG

When Virtual Reality starts to become more common will definitely consider that.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Sorry to say but a big news organisation in Australia will just add "virtual" to their existing pages, consider the gaming industry as another option (that's where the real action will be) consider some development to add further value. It's very early days for this tech and now is not the time to be seeking a big payout, Reg Fee only,.....at the moment

KWNG

Sorry to say but a big news organisation in Australia will just add "virtual" to their existing pages, consider the gaming industry as another option (that's where the real action will be) consider some development to add further value. It's very early days for this tech and now is not the time to be seeking a big payout, Reg Fee only,.....at the moment
Thanks and yes I agree its early days; might be a 5 year waiting game :(

KWNG

Will there ever be a big market for Australian Virtual Names? .... most likely not, good luck
Thanks I'll be prepared in case it doesn't sell. Can I ask if you're referring to VR? Because it seems you don't think it'll take off. Where I do agree is that games is the big industry for VR. At the same time the reason for registering this is because I can see a future where you view news in VR; i.e. Police car chases or interviews up close and personal.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks I'll be prepared in case it doesn't sell. Can I ask if you're referring to VR? Because it seems you don't think it'll take off. Where I do agree is that games is the big industry for VR. At the same time the reason for registering this is because I can see a future where you view news in VR; i.e. Police car chases or interviews up close and personal.
I would happily own Vr/com/au however other than a few top niches I am unsure if the whole genre will be worth "big money? in the Australian space. If you were asking an appraisal on VrGames then It would be a different story. I tend to think as a whole it is better suited to global extensions such as .com ( I did sell vrp/tv) last year so I am not completely negative on Vr

KWNG

I would happily own Vr/com/au however other than a few top niches I am unsure if the whole genre will be worth "big money? in the Australian space. If you were asking an appraisal on VrGames then It would be a different story. I tend to think as a whole it is better suited to global extensions such as .com ( I did sell vrp/tv) last year so I am not completely negative on Vr
Whats your opinion on ar/games/com/au?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Whats your opinion on ar/games/com/au?
I am much more "upbeat" on Ar in general due to the fact the critical mass are now aware of it (Pokemon) I think it will be mainstream before virtual reality is, mostly due to the fact you could perhaps already just start using it via your phone once they are matched up with the required app, ArGames will play a part (once again Pokemon) So the world is "accepting" of this technology. However I tend to think because these a digitally based technologies the .com is best. Don't get me wrong there will be some avenues for .com.au and Ar but I just wonder if people need to type in a cctld to make a difference in what they are searching for? Yet for an Australian holiday I would always want the cctld in the results I am searching for

KWNG

I am much more "upbeat" on Ar in general due to the fact the critical mass are now aware of it (Pokemon) I think it will be mainstream before virtual reality is, mostly due to the fact you could perhaps already just start using it via your phone once they are matched up with the required app, ArGames will play a part (once again Pokemon) So the world is "accepting" of this technology. However I tend to think because these a digitally based technologies the .com is best. Don't get me wrong there will be some avenues for .com.au and Ar but I just wonder if people need to type in a cctld to make a difference in what they are searching for? Yet for an Australian holiday I would always want the cctld in the results I am searching for
Thanks I wanted an insight into your thinking. I'll buy your ebook after work to gain a better understanding :)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo