What's new

Traffic Down Under

DavidL

Top Contributor
Still a long way off (November 18) but who is going to Traffic Down Under on the Goldy?

I've got my ticket & very much looking forward to it :)

soj

Founder
i was really interested in this, especially as i have never been to one of these conferences before, though i think i may wait until next year and travel overseas for TRAFFIC as a business expense rather than travelling just to the goldcoast.

Would love to hear from those that do attend, as i am interested to see if it is worth going.

Wade

I'm going.

soj - I went to a domain conference in the US earlier this year, had a good time, but if you are looking to do business relating to .au names, TRAFFIC Down Under will be much more productive. Overseas shows you find a few aussies, but most of those are not doing .au, I guess it depends what you want to get out of the event.

Wade

Its cheaper than the US based TRAFFIC shows.

Keep in mind in addition to the content and contacts, you will be well looked after, plenty of "free" food, booze, entertainment, etc.

Wade

netfleet - can you please send me an email, I couldnt find any sort of contact link on your site.

Last edited:

soj

Founder
What do they actually speak about in these conferences. Is it information i could use which im not going to find anywhere else? Or is it just peoples experiences or what?

Wade

The seminars range in topics from legal issues through to site development. They have some value, but you are correct, some of the same information you can potentially find online for free.

Keep in mind as well all the seminar speakers are also attending the conference, if you liked their presentation you can approach them privately to discuss things further.

What you cant get online is the human interaction, the friendships you form and the contacts you make is what you're really paying for. For a few days everyone around you is worth talking to about your business, those sort of opportunities dont come up too often.

Ultimately like any other conference, you get out what you put in. The more times you introduce yourself and the more involved you are, the greater benefit you'll see.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yep I can't wait. I just hope there will be plenty of focus on .au rather than com.

Wade, email is 'netfleet at gmail'

Mike Robertson

Top Contributor
Whilst we haven't finalised the agenda, you can see a basic outline here. Also, we can confirm that both Dr. Paul Twomey, President and CEO of ICANN, and Graeme Wood, Founder and Executive Director of Wotif.com will be the keynote speakers.

Like some have already mentioned, there is always a range of different topics discussed, you will get more value out of some then others, depending on your business model.

After being to more than 10 of these shows now, the most I value I get is the networking; consolidating existing relationship and building new ones. I have made so many contacts in the industry simply by going to these shows and also many people I would regard as friends.

It's also refreshing that although it is a relatively small industry, most people that go to these shows are happy to share ideas and discuss different opportunities/business models.

And like Wade said, "you get out what you put in".

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Wade

Which country are you in at the moment? I envy you, working abroad, hope you are enjoying yourself..

nameseek

living and working in Ireland. I have been here for just over two years now and travelling when I can. Its good fun apart from the summer. It has rained for the past 2 weeks and last summer we got 56 days of straight rain.

still - got Malta and Spain to look forward to in the next few weeks :)

hazza5150

We attend at least 6 confernces each year for the past 5 years so we continue to go because the networks are great and you meet some really interesting people who we have journeyed with now for a long time. The sessions can be informative however its the business deals that get done during the conference are always worth the expense and time. So as I mentioned before on a post here we have 10 tickets booked and will be in New York before this one!!

Mike Robertson

Top Contributor
As a friendly reminder, we just wanted to notify you that Discount Passes expire on July 31st. After this date, ticket prices will be increasing from US$1295 to US$1595. If you are serious about attending the show, get in now before the price rise.

Don't miss out on what will be the most innovative and exciting domain show this year. Register for your ticket now!

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate in contacting me.

I look forward to seeing you all Down Under in November.

Mike
Fabulous.com

Mike Robertson

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

Today we announced that all profits from attendees and event sponsorships will be donated to the Internet Commerce Association (ICA), the non-profit advocate for the domain name industry.

For all those that have not yet signed up, by attending the TRAFFIC Down Under show, you are also supporting the ICA, which is doing an incredible job representing domainers and investors by engaging in a variety of activities including legislative lobbying, regulatory representation, industry public relations, legal test case support, industry publication of statistics and reports, revenue research, and market intelligence.

Not only this, but it is a great opportunity to attend a world class domain conference, rubbing shoulders with prominent domainers and industry leaders, in a unique and exciting environment.

With this announcement, we have decided to extend the Discount Pass offer (US$1295) for a 24 hour period. To show your support for the ICA and guarantee a ticket to this Fabulous event, register now!

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Mike Robertson

Top Contributor
G'day!

Just a quick note to let you know that the TRAFFIC Down Under Agenda has been released! The show will cover advanced topics such as risk analysis, content aggregation, and business strategy.

We've embraced a more formal session structure which involves up to four 15-minute presentations, followed by Q&A. Our speakers will present pre-prepared topic-focused presentations, as opposed to making done-to-death sales pitches. We believe this will add greater value for attendees, and more opportunities for TDU sponsors - after all, if you want to learn more about a company, product or service, pay a visit to the booths!

Speakers we have already confirmed include:

Jay Chapman: Vice President, Digimedia
Michael Gilmore: Blogmaster, WhizzBangsBlog.com
John Berryhill, Ph.d., Esq.
Erhan Karabardak: Director, Cooper Mills Lawyers
Adrian Kinderis: CEO, AusRegistry
Chris Disspain: CEO, AUDAs
Kartic Srinivasan: Product Manager, Melbourne IT
Sean Stafford: Author, DomainGraduate and CEO, Elvate LLC
Matt Bateman: COO, Commission Monster
Page Howe: President, Digital Brands
Edmon Chung: CEO, DotAsia Organisation
Jothan Frakes: Senior Director of Strategy, Moniker/SnapNames
Michael Collins: Executive Director, Internet Commerce Association

We're currently in the process of finalizing speakers. If you believe you're qualified to present a topic, please complete the Speaker Submission Form.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics