What's new

Over 50 domains for sale @ netfleet

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Hey.

Need to offload a couple of domains from my portfolio before the end of August, so if you or anyone you know may be interested in the following (mostly keywords) domains, let me know and just make a reasonable offer through netfleet, it might just get accepted. Also can anyone can give me tips/examples on how best to word an email/phonecall to potential endusers without adversely affecting future sale potential?

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Some decent domains there Rhythm - good luck.

For your net.au's might be worth emailing the equivalent com.au holders as a thought?

In terms of general emails, I think it's probably beneficial not to suggest a price but let them know that offers are invited. Point them to the listing to encourage a bit of competition.

Ned might be the best person to advise - he's had some good success approaching end-users.

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Yes, I am looking forward to responses from people who have successfully coldcalled endusers, and how they found them in the first place.

neddy

Top Contributor
Yes, I am looking forward to responses from people who have successfully coldcalled endusers, and how they found them in the first place.

Hi Rhythm,

As Netfleet kindly mentioned, I have had a little success in approaching potential endusers. I think it was one of the successful US Domainers that said this was the way to go, and I've simply tried it out.

Let me give one example (which I have mentioned before on this forum). I picked up the domain dojo.com.au on the aftermarket. The guy who owned it was going to use it for an IT application? However because my son is heavily involved in Karate (Under 14 World Champion in Kumite / sparring :D), I thought this would be a great name for a martial arts application.

So I got the same son to troll through Google one afternoon and compile a list of all martial arts clubs and suppliers and their email addresses. Of course I had to pay him and bribe him - $10 an hour and 5% success fee on sale price! But hey it was worth it - and a real win / win! He came up with over 140 prospects. I composed what I thought was a good pitch and then sent everyone an individual email (in other words I didn't want to be accused of spamming) - and of course it included an apology for approaching them out of the blue.

Cutting a long story short, I got a fantastic response, and sold the domain within a week for $1250 (if I'd held out a bit longer I reckon I could have got closer to $2k but I'm not greedy) - and my son earned almost $100 in total. And of course, he is now keen to do more work like that!

I've since employed this technique on other domains with equal success. So if you have a son or daughter who is keen to earn some dough, give it a try!

Or if you want my son to do it for you, please PM me! Obviously there would be no guarantees, but if you don't try, you don't know. And it doesn't cost much!

Cheers, Ned

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member