What's new

Business Domains

Furphy

Hey all,

Not sure if there's much I could do with the following, or what the rules are around owning/using domains of businesses/people.

I currently have:

warhammer.com.au
yugioh.com.au
benandjerrys.com.au
modelpi.com.au (rumored to be teslas new phone)

and more recently picked up alexhawke.com.au which is a current liberal politician, who for whatever reason let his website drop.

A while back I was able to pick up scottycam.com.au and sold it back to his team for $1500, which I was pretty chuffed with, and have been keeping an eye out for similar opportunities.

trellian

Top Contributor
Step one would be to make sure that you are eligible to have these domains and right now with the pages that are live you would fail the current requirements. Make sure you park your domains using an auDA compliant parking template.

warhammer is generic but the other 3 not so much, these are likely to fall under existing TMs, though have not checked the TM database if they do here.

Politicians are not allowed to own domains under their own entities, against auDA rules, they need to be moved under their political parties entities which is why many such names are deleted as soon as someone gets into office.

JDSaward

Step one would be to make sure that you are eligible to have these domains and right now with the pages that are live you would fail the current requirements. Make sure you park your domains using an auDA compliant parking template.

warhammer is generic but the other 3 not so much, these are likely to fall under existing TMs, though have not checked the TM database if they do here.

Politicians are not allowed to own domains under their own entities, against auDA rules, they need to be moved under their political parties entities which is why many such names are deleted as soon as someone gets into office.

I assume parking services SEDO, Bodis etc use 'auDA compliant parking template's. Correct?

If I want to park a domain myself, where can I find auDA compliant parking templates?

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi, Yes confirmed Above.com is auDA compliant.

We specifically worked with auDA and their legal teams to make sure that au domain investors had a safe location to park their domains.

Using parking companies directly is not compliant without some custom template work you would need to create, which we have done to work with all the parking companies.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member