What's new

outsourcing 2.1.1.1

findtim

Top Contributor
I think I have spoke about this outsourcing a lot so maybe I start versions :)

I have a GREAT wordpress girl in manila but she has not returned my emails for 7 days? so I need a job done and I give it to my Vietnam guy, he is STRAIGHT onto it and delivers a fantastic website in 2 days.

but when I look at his code is see MAJOR flaws, but I also see perhaps how it happened.

I said to him "hey I want a site real quick so I have found a site in Canada that I like the look of so can we kinda copy it "

so he delivered an exact copy of the site I mentioned, basically he went to the site and cut and pasted the source code into my new domain !!!

so instead of there being wordpress widget areas so I can change things, all I have are appearance > editor files that have inside them the output code !!!!!

site looks GREAT frontend, backend ummmm shit.

I think he missed the meaning of "kinda", and I missed saying "with widgets" as I thought that was an obvious/given expectation.

ohhhh and the menu structure is hardcoded as well, so if I want to add or delete a page I would need to know php, as I build for the client to self manager this is now a DELETE and start again, deadline Tuesday arvo so i'm not happy.

SO, I thought i'd post todays failure so perhaps someone else doesn't do it.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member