What's new

One for shags dropping tomorrow.....

snoopy

Top Contributor
One of very few 3d .com.au's actually worth anything dropping tomorrow,

3dTv.com.au 9900 $0.81 (I think the volume figure with Drop is wrong, shows 1600 for me)

Any guesses?

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Indeed one for Shags.

:D

As for guesses... very tough one - it has good metrics, but it's a bit speculative and is in the tech industry which can be a bit hit and miss sometimes. I'll say $1300...

But I wouldn't be suprised if it doesn't make $700 and I also wouldn't be suprised if it goes for more than $2000. Really can't tell with this one.

Last edited:

Chris.C

Top Contributor
3DTV is a fad which quickly died in my honest opinion. People don't care that much anymore.
1600 exacts a month plus 320 for the term [3dtv] and a relatively flat trend begs to differ...

I'm not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread and I'm not rushing out to buy one, but they ain't dead... but their future isn't assured either.

ScottNugent

Top Contributor
No not dead entirely of course. However I think it was Gerry Harvey who said in 5 years every Australian household would have one. And he's such a reputable and in-the-know kinda guy! :p

acheeva

Top Contributor
The players in this space seem to be reliant upon brand & CPC; there does not seem to be any evidence of them using KWR domains - ala carsales

DavidL

Top Contributor
The frenzy has definitely peaked but there is sustained interest. I know the graph shows a gradual decline, Google trends tends to, even for searches that are relatively stable (eg compare with 'new cars')

Attachments

• 3dtv.jpg
    3dtv.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 84

payattention

Archived Member
Have the manufacturers ever purchased and promoted such domains? I could see it going higher if that's the case but assuming a speculator buys it (likely scenario), I'd say it'll go for around $2500.

If you're keen on TV domains, I'd be looking towards 4K/8K/Ultra HD TV type keywords although I still think consumers will turn to brand names and reputable sites when it comes time to buy.

3D TV, movies and gaming devices are a flop and it's not just sour grapes because I can't see 3D. Last month I purchased a 55" Samsung and 3D didn't even come into it. The sales guy didn't even mention it as a selling point either but then I knew what specific model I wanted.

Side note - I was at Sydney Airport last weekend and noticed Sharp advertisements with sharp.net.au as the URL.. I wonder how much traffic they lose to sharp.com.au

snoopy

Top Contributor
No not dead entirely of course. However I think it was Gerry Harvey who said in 5 years every Australian household would have one. And he's such a reputable and in-the-know kinda guy! :p

I think it is probably true what Gerry has said, well most new tv's will have it, but I suspect it is something that costs a manufacturer 10 cents to add to a tv, and I think the majority of buyers likely have minimal interest in it.

All these terms tend to get forgotten about like "hd tv" [720 searches] "stereo tv" [0 searches] so I'd say the name has a definite lifespan whether the technology stays around or not.

Oz.

Top Contributor
I think one day 3d TV will become standard/no choice..and it will be just called TV again :)

Who says "what range of colour tvs do you stock?" anymore?!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo