What's new

OK - Here goes!

Superfish

Registered on Netfleet.
Looking to take my first babystep.
budgettracker.com.au - thoughts?

My first reaction was too many characters and the "tt" doesn't do it any favours.

Help an old man in a young man's game out!

findtim

Top Contributor
i don't mind 2 "tt's" , who doesn't like 2 "tt's" :p
its when for some stupid reason they think using the same letter twice that annoys me !

barrental v barental

some domains JUST don't work
tim

Horshack

Top Contributor
Is it just me or is Netfleet having a few issues with their drop auction list. I can only see about 20 names on the list while Drop has the usual amount?

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Registered on Netfleet.
Looking to take my first babystep.
budgettracker.com.au - thoughts?

My first reaction was too many characters and the "tt" doesn't do it any favours.

Help an old man in a young man's game out!
Think twice before registering more..look at what is for sale here or you may be registering names you will not want to renew later;
http://domainmarketplace.com.au/
http://www.netfleet.com.au/catalogue-domains?o=bestbid&adv=&l=100&s=
www.sedo.com

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Is it just me or is Netfleet having a few issues with their drop auction list. I can only see about 20 names on the list while Drop has the usual amount?
It's not just you. They've been having issues for a couple of days now. Email alerts are also not working properly.

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
What did these go for? Superfish may like to know, he then gets an idea of pricing for drops
  • LF.com.au - at least $3,200 (fees and GST inclusive) on Domain Shield, but I think it was more likely $6,400 ('level 9'), as the high bid on Drop.com.au was $6,000 with six bidders participating.
  • HCR.com.au - $55 + fees and GST on Drop.com.au.
  • Stir.com.au - at least $200 (fees and GST inclusive) on Domain Shield.
And here's a bonus domain... I picked up OnlineTraining.com.au through Domain Shield. People can take a guess as to the winning bid amount, and I'll confirm the correct one.
For those that don't know, Domain Shield has a tiered bidding system that doubles at each level. E.g. level 1 is $25, level 2 is $50, level 3 is $100, level 4 is $200, level 5 is $400, level 6 is $800, and so on. The pricing on Domain Shield is all inclusive of fees and GST.

findtim

Top Contributor
now ebranding, ( LF.com.au) "slap on wrist" :) , superfish a domain can be won for $20 even if another drop catcher has a bid of $30K

but ebrandings logic is sound given there were 6 bidders, as the bid levels get taken at DS people can't enter so they have to chance it somewhere else like NF and drop.
thats just how it works.

tim

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
now ebranding, ( LF.com.au) "slap on wrist" :)
I'm not sure that I get your drift here Tim!

Regarding LF.com.au, I was simply suggesting that the winning bid on DS was likely to be $6,400 ('level 9'); given the interest (bidding activity) visible on the only other platform that was working properly today (Netfleet is still not right - showing just four domains for tomorrow's drops). I didn't win the domain, so I can only speculate based on my experience and the bids that I'm aware of on DS and drop!

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks for the followup mate - I'm guessing you need to ensure you are available for when the deadline approaches to time your offer?
It helps, some do a high bid, I haven't bothered with the drops for a while so not sure if that is still offered on each platform? Someone else will most likely know and share it here.

findtim

Top Contributor
so I can only speculate based on my experience
which is what i said !
my post was directly related to superfishes perceived present knowledge as detailed by him ! in that context i do not think i was being the thread police.
my basic concept was that a name can be won with a $20 regardless of another platforms bid, thats all !

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
once upon a time it was a "game" . i don't see it like that now but also i don't bid anymore.
i think the general rule of thumb is place your highest bid and go back to work ! there's no point waiting @ to the last 10 minutes.

no doubt someone will correct me.

tim

Superfish

So I'm getting the sense that dropped domains are generally no good but good for someone like me trying to turn $20 into $50. You search all the domain marketplaces to find one you feel and calculate is a good option. Then head to your registery whether netfleet/uniregistry etc. where you search for the domain and bid. Correct?

Superfish

if you think like that most will say don't even start. better to buy hot coke cans from coles, chill them and sell them as cold coke on the gold coast beaches.

well, thats my bankruptcy plan !

tim
Thanks Tim, obviously my dream is much greater and I am lookong to ultimately increase a second income stream, however I was merely indicating my desire to mitigate my risk in the early stages and get my feet wet.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member