What's new

No reserve auction on Netfleet

neddy

Top Contributor
Hi everyone,

Congrats to David and Mark from Netfleet for putting together a no reserve auction for a select few domain names. This starts tonight, so please have a look. This could be the start of something very special for our domain market!

P.S. I do declare a self-interest here, as I have a couple of domains included!:D

backpackets

just wondering..how netfleet market their website to end user?

my opinion is when supply is very high but there is no demand so when we put our domain for sale in Netfleet/ aftermarket site..the chances to sell the domain is very low..

i hope David and Mark will do something to expose their website/business to the end user.

just my 2 cents

Last edited:

DavidL

Top Contributor
Hi Backpackets,

You are quite right - finding the buyers will be harder to find the sellers in the short-term. So far we've been concentrating on building the listings figuring that once we start to target buyers (particularly end-users), the more domains we have listed, the more effective that strategy will be and the greater the number of transactions.

However even now, we have plenty of offers coming in for domains every day & that is set to increase as we leverage our partnership with Netregistry.

This relationship will give us so many marketing opportunities as they have 250,000 businesses as clients. Not to mention the PR potential once things start moving.

Rest assured backpackets, we'll be doing everything in our power to drive buyers to the site to get the best possible results for you guys!

Lastly I thought I'd quickly list the names up for auction here: An eclectic set of 12 quality domains I think!

af.net.au
anklebiter.com.au
anklebiters.com.au
auctiondomains.com.au
candelabras.com.au
creditcrunch.com.au
dentalpain.com.au
ipodhifi.com.au
martinis.com.au
meetingonline.com.au
mp3phone.com.au
vp.net.au

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think we will saying the same things for a while yet ???

The market needs to be opened up to the public !!!!

If preople knew they could start a website or invest in names it would sure change things i feel ....... look how the average mum and dad investor has jumped onto the stockmarket , if only they knew more about internet property .... imagine the interest that would be created ??? many are still not thinking about the net yet

Also the fact that a abn is needed is also a major setback i feel !!!!!!!!

Why should owning a website be restricted to a abn holder ...... sorry but not fair and also not easy to market as a good investment .... this has to change soon for our market to grow , it really is that simple

Last but not least , the world of domaining needs some primetime exposure via tv or a major newspaper , i did send an email to a current affair when 'traffic downunder' came to town , they never replied ?????? but if a paper such as the financial review did a weekend article and names were not restricted , then there just might be some interest and if a company such as netfleet could have heir name mentioned , there would be a big increase in interest i think ...... the speculators would start to look into this 'DOMAINING THING'

We may be investing in a gold mine ??? but if there are no buyers , what's the point ???

backpackets

Hi Backpackets,

You are quite right - finding the buyers will be harder to find the sellers in the short-term. So far we've been concentrating on building the listings figuring that once we start to target buyers (particularly end-users), the more domains we have listed, the more effective that strategy will be and the greater the number of transactions.

However even now, we have plenty of offers coming in for domains every day & that is set to increase as we leverage our partnership with Netregistry.

This relationship will give us so many marketing opportunities as they have 250,000 businesses as clients. Not to mention the PR potential once things start moving.

Rest assured backpackets, we'll be doing everything in our power to drive buyers to the site to get the best possible results for you guys!

thanks for the reply.

keep up on good work.

cheers mate,

DavidL

Top Contributor
We've had some feedback that 2 weeks is too long for this sort of auction.... because people will look at the listings and because the end date is too far away will procrastinate & plan to come back at a later date (and then forget).

However, we owe it to the members who've submitted names to get as many possible viewers to the listings so are hestitant to offer shorter auctions.

As a possible solution, we've created an email reminder service - http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=cat&cc=auctions for those people that prefer the 'last minute bidding strategy'

Would appreciate any feedback as to whether we should shorten the next auction or not and, on another note, if you have already looked at the domains and not bid, why?

As always we appreciate DNTrade members' valuable comments :)

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hello guys,

I'm on holidays but would be interested to put some of mine up next time you do it.

DavidL

Top Contributor
OK guys,

Just a reminder that the auction finishes tomorrow! If you've been hanging off making a bid until the last minute, now's the time to strike!

IMO all domains show outstanding value at their current prices so it's a great chance to add some quality domains to your portfolios!

Cheers

David

DavidL

Top Contributor
Right, last post on this topic - I promise :)

To try and rustle up some last minute activity, we've taken the plunge and will be subsidising the domain transfer costs for the 11 domains in the Netfleet auction.

This means a successful bidder will only have to pay a grand total of $50 in costs plus the purchase price to acquire the domain. And yes this does include 2 fresh years of registration. Just a few hours to go...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member