What's new

IE 9 beta - potential compatibility issues

shags38

Top Contributor
Guys,

Yesterday I dowloaded the new IE 9 beta and it played havoc with my CMS program. I had to uninstall it and go back to IE 8 to resolve the issue. I use a program from the U.K. called XsitePro. The design component of the program uses some components of IE and there are some components utilized that are missing from the new IE 9beta. I don't know if the likes of Wordpress, Joolma or any of the others are affected.

Just thought I 'd let you know in case it rears its ugly head with any programs you are using.

cheers,
Mike

Shane

Top Contributor
I went through the same drama with the main system I use for my insurance business, and had to switch back to IE8. I generally use Firefox anyway, but unfortunately the insuance system only works on IE.

They said a version compatible with IE9 won't be available for at least a few years!!!

shags38

Top Contributor
I went through the same drama with the main system I use for my insurance business, and had to switch back to IE8. I generally use Firefox anyway, but unfortunately the insuance system only works on IE.

They said a version compatible with IE9 won't be available for at least a few years!!!

That is a pity - IE 9beta looks like it has some nice features, some similar to FireFox with ranking stats etc - problem is even if using FireFox if IE 9beta is on your puter it will potentially have compatability issues with other programs that invariably use components of IE - let's face it, you cannot delete IE, only elect not to use it as your default browser.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member