What's new

drop and netfleet beaten by ziphosting today

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Put in a bid for fire.com.au today via drop and netfleet . Looks like Zip Hosting / Netregistry hostess) have a new backorder/ snap system as they won it for a client?

Last edited:

soj

Founder
Im interested to see how you come up with this theory? As the whois details look like every other NetFleet pickup, and NetFleet shows that they picked up the domain also. So Im a bit confused...

Mark

Top Contributor
We are partners with Ziphosting, Netregistry, MD Web Hosting, Planet Domains and TPP - and we snap with their connections. Any one of these registrars may snap a domain for us. Immediately following the purge, we transfer all to Netregistry so they can all be managed under the one roof.

DomainNames must have spied it just before it was transferred to NR...

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Im interested to see how you come up with this theory? As the whois details look like every other NetFleet pickup, and NetFleet shows that they picked up the domain also. So Im a bit confused...

We had a proxy of over $3000 on netfleet and it said ours won. Then when we checked whois at 2:07 it shows ZIPHOSTING as the registrar. We went to ziphosting.com.au and noted it was part of Netregistry which also owns netleet.com.au now the whois shows Netregistry as the registrar

Does Netregistry have competing platforms for auctions / snapping now? Otherwise why wouldnt the netfleetcom.au bid of over $3000 proxy bid which showed in green as us with highest bid at the time have won?

Do we have to start spending time going to all the netregistry branded websites / companies and bidding via them all???

at 2.03 ours was the highest bid in "Green" and the auction status was "closed" now when we are still logged in our higher proxy bid does not even show. It just shows we where beaten by the lower bid of $2,551 AUD

Last edited:

sasha

Top Contributor
hey DomainNames

as a result of some of your outspoken comments on various issues, i have had people in the industry contact me thinking it was comments i made, i had to assure them that i have nothing to do with your username "DomainNames" on dntrade and your comments

so would you be kind enough to let us know who you

Mark

Top Contributor
No you don't have to go to each of the Netregsitry sites to bid, just Netfleet. You submit your bids via Netfleet, and then Netfleet utilises the registrar connections and we attempt to register in the name of our highest bidder.

I will have to look in to your bid history to help with your issue. Please can you email me at admin at netfleet.com.au and I can look in to it further...

Thanks
Mark

DomainNames

Top Contributor
No you don't have to go to each of the Netregsitry sites to bid, just Netfleet. You submit your bids via Netfleet, and then Netfleet utilises the registrar connections and we attempt to register in the name of our highest bidder.

I will have to look in to your bid history to help with your issue. Please can you email me at admin at netfleet.com.au and I can look in to it further...

Thanks
Mark

Thanks Mark have emailed you the details in full

DomainNames

Top Contributor
hey DomainNames

as a result of some of your outspoken comments on various issues, i have had people in the industry contact me thinking it was comments i made, i had to assure them that i have nothing to do with your username "DomainNames" on dntrade and your comments

so would you be kind enough to let us know who you

Sasha thanks for the PM about fires.com.au but we dont want that one. As for comments we note you have only made 3 posts in the forums. Yes we have lots of posts but how does that make us outspoken.. Experienced in domain names yes.. outspoken we hope not in any offensive way but sometimes a comment might be taken as outspoken even if its true.. We will work on our post style but still keep active on the board.

We dont list our real name here on the board as we are not here to advertise for our own benefit here via a username and signatures. We are here to add value ( we hope after 14 years in domain names we have somethings to share for benefit of the forum ) to the forum and discussions thats why usernames usually are not peoples real names in forums usually... but here this seems to be changing in time we note. It does give you a means to say things as a company etc you might legally might not want to say thus your input is not all it could and should be sometimes. Hope this makes sense.

I dont think I see OMG, Fairfax Media, AUDA etc etc listed as username members here but I note several staff are here with alias usernames. Most seniors here know who we are and we know who they are. Have sent you a PM.

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
We just got a note from netfleet they had no bids from us for fire.com.au. ( we placed several and it showed on our admin panel and domain results for the day. We will need to take some screenshots next time of winning bids at auctions. Looks like there is some bug in the system?

It appears there is no way to look at the days auction results via your admin panel once the next days auction names have been listed ( 3pm) http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=expiring. If we had taken a screen shot at 2.02 this would have helped. Will do this from now on when we " win"

We placed several bids and had to up our proxy to over $3000 as we got outbid. In the end as we said it showed us in green in our admin panel as highest bidder when the auction had closed. Now we are told we didnt bid at all seems strange but there is no way we can look at the expired auction for today in the admin panel we can only see tomorrows now.

Also note you dont get emails in the last minute saying you where outbid. That email would have helped also show our bids had been placed. You dont get emails when you place bids which would also help.

Only trying to find out if we are making a mistake or if there is any bugs in the snapper systems.

A good solution might be this so you can login to your netfleet admin panel and see the history of the bidding and auction results

http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=expiring.18.02.2011 instead of http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=expiring which cant show old auction history results . Tomorrows auction could be http://www.netfleet.com.au/index.php?a=expiring.19.02.2011 and when you login at a later date you could see the auction history if you wanted to

From now on we will be taking screenshots at end of every auction to show results logged from our admin panel as there will be no other way to keep any proof it seems.

By the way we normally LOVE netfleet / Netregistry but this one is one off we found very strange. ( just like it going from ziphosting as the registrar to netregistry as registrar in the space of a few minutes after the auction in the whois.. software can change history very easily unless you get screenshots you wont be able to show anything sometimes)

Last edited:

sasha

Top Contributor
As for comments we note you have only made 3 posts in the forums.

i have been on this forum for a number of years under a different username and as a result of some of your recent posts, i felt that i would prefer to distance myself from them and decided to change my username to just "sasha"

guys from netfleet, drop, even larry bloch use their names here, also most people on this forum are very open, dont have anything to hide and have no problem with being transparent, instead of hiding behind a username that doesn't let anybody to know who they're really are and what their agenda is

i have no issue with people making comments about anything, its just i dont like it when they hide whilst they are making the comments

DomainNames

Top Contributor
i have been on this forum for a number of years under a different username and as a result of some of your recent posts, i felt that i would prefer to distance myself from them and decided to change my username to just "sasha"

guys from netfleet, drop, even larry bloch use their names here, also most people on this forum are very open, dont have anything to hide and have no problem with being transparent, instead of hiding behind a username that doesn't let anybody to know who they're really are and what their agenda is

i have no issue with people making comments about anything, its just i dont like it when they hide whilst they are making the comments

We have nothing to hide Sasha. Lets not discuss this issue over the forum PM us if you have a complaint on any of our posts if you like. More than happy to review them if they are wrong or inappropriate.

Again for clarity Why dont AUDA, OMG etc use their names as their username. Choosing usernames has nothing to do with hiding anything get your facts and opinions right please. there is over 400 members here not many use their real names unless they are speaking representing their company in the post... advertising their companies or names or sale etc.

As individuals most users choose a username alias. Nothing hiding in that. Thats the internet forum style of the world. Post under your company name for official posts

That being said glad let us clarify our username domain names posts have no association with you... we chose username domain names as its in our eyes a great username and thats our passion!

PM us if you want to discuss more so the rest of the board isnt bored in tit for tat trivia

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Thanks for the chat on PM Sasha . All happy now This did get very off topic from the original post about the auction today but

Last edited:

Vicstar

Also note you dont get emails in the last minute saying you where outbid. That email would have helped also show our bids had been placed. You dont get emails when you place bids which would also help.

Only trying to find out if we are making a mistake or if there is any bugs in the snapper systems.

A good solution might be this so you can login to your netfleet admin panel and see the history of the bidding and auction results

I am so sorry to hear what happened. I hope there is some way it can be investigated & you get some answers, but it sounds like something definitely hiccup'd. I often take screen shots but that's just something I've done with lots of things over the years so it's one of those habits I got into...

I totally agree re the suggestion of an Email confirming a bid or letting you know you've been outbid. I know ebay sends an email once you've placed a bid & for how much.. it also emails you if you've been outbid, but often that email doesn't arrive until 12 hours past the end of auction!

Honan

Top Contributor
w.t.f. ? more than 1 obviously. Whats that got to do with the original post that ZipHosting servers got the name ?
It is a fair enough question. How many of you are there?
It has to do with who is it, that is claiming that Netfleet did not honour the highest proxy bid accepted before close of bids
Ziphosting is a red herring
The issue is a serious allegation made by you
Naturally, others, like Timmy, are interested in exactly who is making this allegation
Personally I don't have much time for people who want to talk business while hiding their identity
So there is no need to reply to me

DomainNames

Top Contributor
It is a fair enough question. How many of you are there?
It has to do with who is it, that is claiming that Netfleet did not honour the highest proxy bid accepted before close of bids
Ziphosting is a red herring
The issue is a serious allegation made by you
Naturally, others, like Timmy, are interested in exactly who is making this allegation
Personally I don't have much time for people who want to talk business while hiding their identity
So there is no need to reply to me

We modifed the post, spoke to netfleet on the phone and via PM here who know exactly who we are and the rest of our business is none of your business. The post highlighted some issues and Netfleet is looking into it. We asked Netfleet if they wanted us to modify the post if it caused any offence or was wrong and they said no need it was ok to post.

The bug report / problem we asked in the post stands.

as for the rest regarding the word "we" this might help some our here "We" http://ardictionary.com/We/1332 " Definition: The plural nominative case of the pronoun of the first person; the word with which a person in speaking or writing denotes a number or company of which he is one, as the subject of an action expressed by a verb. "

wont be discussing our corporate structure, personal details, date of birth, ip address, whatever here and wont ask about yours or any other forum member here publicly. Your business is none of ours and ours is none of yours.

Our post was to see if anyone else had had any problems and it seems a few have who contacted us via PM. That being said nothing we can do about that bug now just taking screen shots as from today on what we post on and win / lost until Netfleet puts in the auction history feature we discussed with them a need for

Last edited:

Honan

Top Contributor
...... FYI We have over 10 staff members and under 1000 but once again thats none of your business really is it?.......
Our post was to see if anyone else had had any problems and it seems a few have who contacted us via PM. That being said nothing we can do about that bug now just taking screen shots as from today on what we post on and win / lost until Netfleet puts in the auction history feature we discussed with them a need for

Thank you for your reply
If you want or need to hide your identity that is definitely your business.
Thank you for the information that you have over 10 staff and that others have PM'd you about a bug

Mark

Top Contributor
Just an update to say that our system had no record of DomainNames bid, nor any further bid above or beyond the high bid for fire.com.au, which was $2,551 and lodged 8 seconds before close of auction.

In our systems eyes, we honoured the high bid. Of course, we would have loved to take DomainNames larger bid :) however cannot find a record for it.

As mentioned to DomainNames, all we can do is keep a close eye on it, and see if this issue reoccurs. To date, this is the first reported incident of this type. We have implemented extended logging for all bid posts, and will develop a page displaying the previous days bids for reference.

I would be extremely interested to hear from anyone who has had this issue before, as we have not had this reported to us. Please either PM me, or email admin at netfleet com au

Thanks, Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member