What's new

CreditCard.net.au dropping Tuesday

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Whatever metrics you look at CreditCard.net.au is a very nice name.

I'll start the net.au/com.au debate up again - how much do you think it will go for? :D

Also - Irish.com.au is dropping tomorrow...

Cheers

Andrew

TroyW

Top Contributor
One of the most competitive terms going, too competitive for many part-time domainers to win with a .net.au. I'm betting on a low price.

Oz.

Top Contributor
It'll be very interesting to see what happens tomorrow. My guess is between 10k-15k
Seeing it is currently at $1,500 you may very well be right.
That would make HomeLoans/net/au a bargain buy at $2,151.
Credit Card - 5,400 exacts $14cpc
Home Loans - 8,100 exacts $35cpc

Of course there are other factors to take into account (like phase match, etc).

Last edited:

geodomains

Top Contributor
Seeing it is currently at $1,500 you may very well be right.
That would make HomeLoans/net/au a bargain buy at $2,151.
Credit Card - 5,400 exacts $14cpc
Home Loans - 8,100 exacts $35cpc

Hey Oz,
Home loans are not as sort after as credit cards, I have 2 credit cards myself and ok I have 2 houses as well, but the point is more people are chasing credit cards than home loans, plus the banks pay just as well in commissions.
My crystal ball says $10,000

Don

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I'd discussed this earlier today and thought it would go for $10k, but then again its a .net.au and hard to rank for, so bidding might cool off earlier. At the end of the day, this is one of those emotive domains, so who knows.

In terms of comparables, we have 86 "creditcard" related sales in our historical sales database. As an example, creditcards.net sold for $118,500 back in 2006. In terms of .au creditcardrewards.com.au sold for $3,300 earlier this year.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Looks like we will be seeing a new .net.au auction record after jobs.net.au. What is going to drop next sex.net.au? Personally I think the horses may have already bolted bidding wise, maybe 7-8k is my guess.

soj

Founder
I know first hand how hard it is to be competitive in the rankings for a .net.au, but wasn't .net like this a long time ago? Im sure it would be a decent long term domain, in the hopes that .net.au domains are as likely to rank (or slightly harder) than their com.au counterparts.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I extracted this from Domainer Income this morning.

creditcard is $17.15 a click with 1,000 Local Exact.

credit card is $12.94 a click with 12,100 Local Exact.

Happy bidding.

James

Top Contributor
Credit cards is not going to be pay that type of $$ with CPC ads, I have several US based sites and AU you will be lucky to see 3/4$ a click.

The money is to be made with the CPA credit card deals, some of these pay a CPA of around $70 a sign up.

People who are saying ranking this site is hard, I would disagree its just a challenge, if you know SEO from the US market for highly competitive terms, any thing is doable.

Oz.

Top Contributor
My Google keyword tool says 5400 exacts a month for credit card which I believe is correct.

Don
Completely agree with Don.

Plus the new Google Instant (when looking at the US google as it isn't rolled out here yet) doesn't even give "Credit Card" term a mention.
Type Credit and it shows (in order):
Credit report
Credit score
Credit cards

Type Credit Card (without hitting enter) and it shows results for
Credit Cards

So no mention of "credit card" term which may reduce the exact match searches and thus exact match potential of this domain.

Last edited:

zway

Caught for $15,001 on drop. Really surprised that the price reached this high. It will still require considerable effort to get to the front page...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member