What's new

.com.au domains on ebay

soj

Founder
I was just browsing through ebay and came across a few domains for sale including

IT.com.au has 2 days left in the auction which is currently at $500,000 with 0 bids and has a BIN of $775,000, I believe this is a ridiculous price, and would maybe be worth about 1/10th of the price.

cards.com.au is listed at $98,000 with no current bids and 4 days left in the auction, I cant see it selling anytime soon.

hall.com.au is up for $12,000 again with no bids and just over 23 hours left in the auction.

The main problem I see with these domains is the owners are thinking that their .com.au domains are worth similar prices to the .com equivalent. I can assure therell be no point where these two extensions reach an equilibrium.

paz

I disagree about IT.com.au being worth 1/10th of the price. But surely not 3/4 million.

OzNick

I think the problem is that we've been restricted for so long, that now that the rules have ben relaxed those of us that have owned attractive domain names are hoping that the value of the name will be up there.

It's like any item for sale, if someone wants it bad enough, they'll pay the price for it. I think that if .au domain registrants remain flexible, then we may see some realistic prices being reached.

It's early days in this market and the high prices for domain names may take a while to achieve. We have missed the boat with the Internet hype from a few years ago, but there may be a few domain names that will still be attractive enough to raise some eyebrows.

paz

The hype will come back around, especially as the AU market grows. If I had domains such as IT.com.au i'd be holding them for a long while yet. 5 years+

Mike Robertson

Top Contributor
The hype will come back around, especially as the AU market grows. If I had domains such as IT.com.au i'd be holding them for a long while yet. 5 years+

I think we will see more growth if auDA decide to open the market up even further. By this I mean, removing the requirement that you have to have an ABN/ACN to register .au names.

I know for a fact that some big players that are based Internationally are interested in entering the market.

Mike
Fabulous.com

Wade

I agree with Mike, we're currently limited to only selling to other Australians, this limits the pool of potential buyers and therefore limits the prices. It's also holding the name space back from reaching 2-3mil+ names registered, at 1mil there are still too many good names left for reg fee. When they're all gone prices will go up, we need interntational help to buy up those names..

paz

Yeh I suppose its good that we have some time to get our domains, but bad that they are worth shit all until they are all regged.

Wade

Better to get in now while its still possible, and in the meantime you can always park them. .au domains monetise very well in my experience, obviously you have to be fairly picky with what you buy if you're looking to profit from parking.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member