What's new

BusinessPoint.com.au

john

Hi everyone, Im interested in selling a domain name we have. Registed myself awhile back

BusinessPoint.com.au was going to be a hub for australian business (News, guides, directory etc)

We have done some development of code for such a site but we may let it go for the right price

Any idea on what its worth?

paz

I like it mostly because of how carpoint has been shown to be brandable, so businesspoint should be the same. That being said, carpoint is shorter and snappier.

But as a standalone domain, not much more than reg fee, low $XXX if you get a keen buyer.

N

nospam

My point of view on domain names' value

BusinessPoint somehow is a good name. Although the magic word "Business" is there, it limited the usability for purposes other than business.

Brandable? I have an opposit opinion. As what I've mentioned, the name itself limited the possibility. A domain like, e.g. palmston.com is a brandable name as it could be any type of business, it could be a brand, a name of business.

For purpose-specific domain names, it should not be long, businessPoint.com.au is definitely too long.

While when I am considering value of a domain name, I will start think about its posible usage. If I couldn't find any purpose that 100% fit into the name, then I will ignor the name. IF, it fits in one or more purposes, then, the next consideration would be the length of the name.

Write too much :p Good Luck anyway.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members