What's new

Would you send an offer like a threat

findtim

Top Contributor
*********i agree with FPR, the thread should be moved
i had EXACTLY the same hassle a while back and its detail here on dnt but i think its in VIP, basically i stood my ground, picked up the phone and made a deal, and i sold it for $3K.
i intended to keep the domain forever but i felt the guy was genuine but misguided . i no longer had an emotional attachment to the domain nor a firm plan for development so it was a natural process and we are both happy.
i also discussed this incident at the auda xmas party with some auda people for clarification ( note: no names mentioned so it is just opinion ) and they agreed i had done the correct thing.
emails back and forth do nothing, pick up the phone, his $100 is an insult, whatever it is i think its worth $2K as its
cheaper then the "process" .

only a DHead goes through a trademark process for a business they do not own the domain name for !!!!
tim

asantha

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies...

with the second offer, I sent him a counter offer (sedo) - as I mentioned I wanted to send only $200,, after reading the message I sent $650. Just now he has accepted and paid...:cool:,,
I should have sent at least $1000. But I think I should keep my word, and not to be a dhead like him,,, anyway I think it will take at least a week to process this transfer,, as I am busy ;)

findtim

Top Contributor
congrats, so you owe us all a BEER :)
in the end ....... and this is recurring advice i hear from domainers, if you are happy with the price then don't feel ANYTHING about "could i have got $xxxx"
we bought an electric piano for our kids today off ebay then went to picked it up, the girl was nice, she was moving so didn't want it , we paid $370 for it and its a few years old but new its $1000, she's happy and we are happy so just be happy.
+++ you learnt some great negotiation skills through this which will help you in the next sale, its a good thread for others to read.
tim

elbranch

Top Contributor
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replies...

with the second offer, I sent him a counter offer (sedo) - as I mentioned I wanted to send only $200,, after reading the message I sent $650. Just now he has accepted and paid...:cool:,,
I should have sent at least $1000. But I think I should keep my word, and not to be a dhead like him,,, anyway I think it will take at least a week to process this transfer,, as I am busy ;)
If you sent him an offer without qualification and he accepted without qualification then you have a contract and you no longer have an option as to whether you want to "keep your word" or not except perhaps if you want to gamble that he does not know the law or otherwise cannot be bothered to pursue it and won't come after you for contract enforcement plus legal costs http://www.australiancontractlaw.com/law/formation-agreement.html

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member