What's new

Wildlife Conservation Site: YOUR advice is needed to help make this website better...

dicardo83

Hi Everyone

If you have any spare time at all I would like you to please visit www.volunteerwildlife.com and review the website in terms of call to action, SEO and how obvious the site's aim is. The target market are volunteers who are looking to travel to a sanctuary to volunteer overseas and need to find out how to do it (airfare, sanctuary availability etc) so they can find the appropriate content on each project and costs. The primary aim is to allow potential volunteers to research potential sanctuaries or wildlife "projects" depending on the countries they are interested in visiting and then paying for their trip through the website using Paypal or bank deposit. This is after they have subsequently filled in an online enquiry form and consulted with staff regarding costs and relevant information.

Also the owner just secured the domain name www.wildlifevolunteer.com would it be worth changing to using this domain name for SEO purposes as this wasn't originally available when he set up the website.

Very happy to answer any questions and keen to hear your views about this website and what YOU would do to make things clearer and more rewarding for the owner.

Thank you in advance - if we receive some really good information that we can use effectively to boost the website we would be happy to send you a free coffee up to the value of $5 through Paypal :)

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Yes, I suggest changing the URL to the new domain (wildlifevolunteer.com). It's a far better domain, given that it makes more sense with the right (most commonly used) order of words.

You can 301 redirect the previous domain and if the website structure stays the same, you can use a wildcard redirect so you won't lose the benefits of any existing links to your site.

You can also 'tell' Google about the change through Google Webmasters, which can help with the transition in terms of ranking.

If the site is still very new, then now is the best time to change the domain, before you have a mature site with established brand recognition and lots of inbound links.

findtim

Top Contributor
i agree to switch names, it just is easier to say.

get rid of that grey line timer thingy under the slider, its pointless and wastes space, it should be just a radio button in admin

this doesn't make sense http://screencast.com/t/3ZU8MLmR1hi

have all your solical stuff together, that facebook is wasting a whole row of space so i'd put it with the twitter etc

i'd look at your colour branding, you have to many, dark blues then light aqua, then reds, oranges its a mish mash. this is a good site for colour schemes http://colorschemedesigner.com/ , there are heaps of choice so make sure you hit all the buttons to find them.

thats all i have time for for now and i don't drink coffee so hope that helped

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads