What's new

What is the best?

backpackets

Hi forumers,

I need some suggestions;
What should I do with this domain name retirenow.net.au?

a) park and earn revenue share (if I so lucky.:)..after 6 months then sell.
b)setup forum site
c)build simple landing page or website (probably 5-8 pages)

lastly,
Thank you for all your suggestions.

soj

Founder
parking would yield the lowest returns, though would require no effort or investment to get going. youd be pretty lucky to get any type in traffic though from a .net.au of that nature, so the best bet would be develop the site.

as there is an economic recession looming, and many of people have lost a lot of superannuation, it might be a good idea to make a site giving retirees ideas on how they could retire now rather than having to work those few extra years. just a thought though.

backpackets

parking would yield the lowest returns, though would require no effort or investment to get going. youd be pretty lucky to get any type in traffic though from a .net.au of that nature, so the best bet would be develop the site.

as there is an economic recession looming, and many of people have lost a lot of superannuation, it might be a good idea to make a site giving retirees ideas on how they could retire now rather than having to work those few extra years. just a thought though.

thanks for that.

I ll do some research about a site for retirees.

Maybe I can do forum site..organize and gather expert to give some advise or post an article to retire now..

cheers,

p/s:I am just wondering How much to setup forum like your site?

TroyW

Top Contributor
Hey Backpackets,

I haven't scanned the search numbers for this but I expect they would be fairly low.

I'd suggest putting up a basic website using adwords and using of free articles written by other people for the content - I'm doing this with a couple of my domains at the moment. You could also sign up as an amazon affiliate which would allow you to sell books, etc. Write to a few financial planners and see if they'll let you run their newsletter articles too, this way you won't have to write anything and you can claim free expert advice.

TW

soj

Founder
Troy has hit the nail on the head, he has some great ideas and it would be best to run a small site.

The cost of setting up a forum like this is reasonably low, but can get costly if you want things custom coded. This i was able to do myself as i know a few things about HTML and PHP, but for a basic forum through vBulletin, it would run you US$180, i bought a couple of licences when the AUS$ was a lot stronger, boy was that a great idea haha.

backpackets

Hey Backpackets,

I haven't scanned the search numbers for this but I expect they would be fairly low.

I'd suggest putting up a basic website using adwords and using of free articles written by other people for the content - I'm doing this with a couple of my domains at the moment. You could also sign up as an amazon affiliate which would allow you to sell books, etc. Write to a few financial planners and see if they'll let you run their newsletter articles too, this way you won't have to write anything and you can claim free expert advice.

TW

thats good idea.thanks for that.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Backpackets (and everyone - first post!)

If you fancy setting up a forum, with or without cash behind you, I would seriously recommend phpbb. Its open source (free!) so you can do as you please, and literally takes minutes to set up. I have a few sites using it - slight problem maybe a bit of spam, but I think nowadays its getting pretty spam safe, and there's loads of mods you can install to stop spam.

Regarding content for sites - whypark.com is a pretty good intermediate between a parking page and mini site, and allows a bit of free text content etc.

Hope this is of use

Cheers
Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics