What's new

well done Anthony

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I am strongly in favour of a membership based organisation as well as industry consultation. I am also strongly in favour of potential changes being discussed in properly moderated forums too.

So if this thread heads off into a PRP, auDA, CMWG or Direct Registration rant session then I hope the next time I get quoted it is to say "Anthony Peake, accused a small group of his own customers of ignoring a decade of precedent and thousands of hours of proper consultation in order to bully the auDA into delaying their policy reviews."

- Anthony

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I am strongly in favour of a membership based organisation as well as industry consultation. I am also strongly in favour of potential changes being discussed in properly moderated forums too.

So if this thread heads off into a PRP, auDA, CMWG or Direct Registration rant session then I hope the next time I get quoted it is to say "Anthony Peake, accused a small group of his own customers of ignoring a decade of precedent and thousands of hours of proper consultation in order to bully the auDA into delaying their policy reviews."

- Anthony

I tried to give you a compliment and some support so why the attack? Go for a walk in the sunshine.

Why start to push the rush the direct reg wheelbarrow again? When all 3 million existing registrants get the real facts, know cut off dates and see the promised business case that can progress to proper surveys.. not bullied in via stacked voting and rigged surveys...

Since you raised it and attacked your customers again here are some facts attached ...before you bully people to just give in.

Will the new owners of CPA.com.au be eligible for CPA.au? What is the cut off for eligibility? How much will they have to pay to get it or buy out someone else? Rushing it in is for the benefit of auDA and Supply and possibly drop.com.au somehow but how about the millions of others and 400,000 contested domains and owners, risk of lawsuits.... conflicts of interests being exposed ? People woke up to the con and way it was being done.

Attachments

• Our-Platform-I-grumpy_-http___webcache.googleusercontent.com_search(4)(1).pdf
    978.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
I tried to give you a compliment and some support so why the attack? Go for a walk in the sunshine.

Why start to push the rush the direct reg wheelbarrow again? When all 3 million existing registrants get the real facts, know cut off dates and see the promised business case that can progress to proper surveys.. not bullied in via stacked voting and rigged surveys...
Direct reg is never going away. It has been discussed at Names Panels for 16 years and even if you got the yes turned into a no it will be discussed again in 4 years time. There is demand and the pressure will always be there waiting to be addressed.

The rigged survey accusation is baseless, it was however taken on board by auDA as a concern so they redid the survey and got the same result.

Stacked voting is a two way street and can only be fixed via Constitutional change. The current stacking by supply is no different to the previous stacking by demand which is no different to the previous stacking by supply. Each time the previously in control group gets annoyed and then ups the game to stack it the other way before the next AGM. At this point the scale is mind blowing but the game has not changed and it is part of the changes required by government.
Since you raised it and attacked your customers again here are some facts attached ...before you bully people to just give in.
I am not trying to bully anyone, I am however going to spend a portion of each day now convincing people that 1) The mud slinging is hurting the aftermarket. 2) There is another side to every story 3) The only way to affect change is to be involved in the panels. 4) To be involved you need to be polite, concise and you need to take evidence on board in order to improve your point of view.

Will the new owners of CPA.com.au be eligible for CPA.au? What is the cut off for eligibility? How much will they have to pay to get it or buy out someone else? Rushing it in is for the benefit of auDA and Supply and possibly drop.com.au somehow but how about the millions of others and 400,000 contested domains and owners, risk of lawsuits.... conflicts of interests being exposed ? People woke up to the con and way it was being done.
I am not sure if you are after a technical answer about eligibility for .au domains or not but in theory if the registration is open to any Australian then yes they and 24,993,203 other Australian's would be eligible.
Would they automatically get first rights to CPA.au is however not known at this point. It is subject to the PRP recommendations, which then need to be accepted by the board of auDA which then need to be published as policy and then implemented by a registry operator. Is the PRP the most important piece of the puzzle right now? Yes. Do we need to still need to wait for their recommendations and to give public feedback when appropriate Yes! Do we gain anything by attacking their recommendations from previous consultations in order to get extra attention? No (unless you literally think dntrade having extra traffic because they are allowing click bait and trolling to thrive is going to achieve anything)

If there was/is a con and anyone has really woken up to anything dodgy then I really wish you would sue them to prove to me that I am not wasting my time reading your posts.

In the meantime, what are you trying to achieve by reposting the same claims without being constructively engaged in trying to shape the future.

- Anthony

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Good chat on the phone today thanks.

We will probably never agree on some points but it shouldn't stop us keeping the communications flowing I appreciate your input and the opportunity for discussion.

As for Drop.com.au perhaps may I suggest think about more promotions and avenues on the site for the existing aftermarket. I know this will drive more support and revenue for you besides just the daily drops.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member