What's new

tim in india

findtim

Top Contributor
if you want to follow my adventure: https://www.instagram.com/find_tim/
its just basic photography of things i like, not your classic "ohh poor india poverty" type imagery.
---------------------------------

i'm half way through my trip and just now getting some free time as i have been busy with neeraj, rohit and their 50 strong team of developers that i have been using for over 6 years now.

they are growing so fast and i can see why, these people are GOODDDDDDDD, the depth of knowledge and being so up to date with design, code, google, social, apps etc is simply amazing.

i am starting a new business concept linking to india and its very exciting, once i get home i'll start to promote it and i think it will be of enormous value for web designers in australia. the concept will help webdevs get over the pitfalls of outsourcing and increase their income and everyone wants that !

its one thing to outsource and take a chance !!!! as i showed in my "meetup" talk in melbourne, powerpoint and transcript here: http://www.whitecollarwebsites.com.au/outsourcing/

i hope to do a followup, now i have gone face to face with the team.

anyway, when i was in head office internet was GREAT, but now i am on the road its proving difficult !!!!

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
my rant, best you exit now !

traveling in india soooo much happens everyday its impossible to dialogue it but the last 2 days have been exceptional in experiences.
but onto this morning ! , a newspaper gets slid under my hotel door and the front page of the newspaper is not news but a full page ad for the new iphone X, news comes on the 3rd page !
i order breakfast, quite simple i thought as the guy arrives at my door and i SHOW him from the mennu EXACTLY what i want, i want bread toast with butter, plain cornflakes ( i could have had chocolate ) and a glass of milk, SIMPLE but i add...... can i also have a glass of boilingwater ( for my green tea )

sooooooo, it arrives, bread NOT toasted, glass of milk HOTTTTTT, no cornflakes and a glass of warm water !!!! OMG how hard is it???
yesterday i asked for a coco cola, the shop had a HUGE sign out front of coco cola, the fridge was a coke fridge, andthey hand me a "thumbs up brand cola"" , i say COCO COLA ???? ohh they don't have coco cola !!!

on the news this morning is the indian budget, the IMF forecast a 7.8% growth in 2018 and 2019, the reporter says "" india is the fastest growing economy in india "" LOL sounds like george W bush

but as i travel i see the growth, india is ""under construction "" road works, buildings, everything, there is soooo much work here being done its simply incredible. and it needs to bedone as the country looks like heaps of things were started @ 1960 and stopped, milions of half finished buildings, sh*t roads and a massive separation of rich and poor.

but as with every country the politicians all talk the talk and you cantell they don't give a sh*t, they just lead a different life and corruption is known but ignored in my view.

the news propaganda is amazing, everyone talking it all UP and not a word of the people sleeping in the streets, the tv is filled with bollywood glamour, and how wonderful india life is............but its not !

the political opposition is strong but you can see they will be the same and they just want what the present have and nothing wil change.

the country is wonderful, there is so much good about it, it is just that the same BS happens the world over and that is nobody cares for anyone other then themselves !!!!!! and thats just not me, and maybe i'll die being a stupid fool because of the way i am, actually caring about others ! .

so i guess its true what they say about india, visiting changes you ! i don't think it has changed me, just firmed me up on my own opinions to life, life is simply to short, don't take BS from anyone, stand up for what you think is right, respect everyone, we are all equals and people who think they are better then you are actually just weak and need to realise we are all equal.

i could go on forever, thats my short rant, 4 weeks in india = the next 30 years of stories !

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
YES,,,, the scope was written by them and i accepted it, but what was delivered was not what they scoped !

and THEN when i checked out they tried to charge me for it !!! when it was included in my room cost !!!
so i told them to shove it ! the first bad words i have said in 30 days !

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
LOL, now out of india and in KL, heading home, will be here a few days, looks like i have heaps of catching up to do when i get back.

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members