What's new

TikToks.com - Melbourne Teens offered offered $US145,000

Fitness

News.com.au article today praising Melbourne teens Fotios Tsiouklas and Alan Gokoglu, digital agency raking in the big bucks.
They bought domain name "www.TikToks.com" six months ago for $2,000, to setup a growth service to capitalise on social media platform TikTok.com - They’ve recently been offered $US145,000 for it. In case you don't know, TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance. The TikTok trademark dates back to April 2018.

I can't help but think this will all end in tears... just like the poor saps who registered Facebok.com, Facebooks.com and had to had
them over as a result of a UDRP. How many times have you seen a plural domain name, that clearly infringes on an existing business?
https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...s/news-story/e4985577ee76d524922101ffe651182b

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
News.com.au article today praising Melbourne teens Fotios Tsiouklas and Alan Gokoglu, digital agency raking in the big bucks.
They bought domain name "www.TikToks.com" six months ago for $2,000, to setup a growth service to capitalise on social media platform TikTok.com - They’ve recently been offered $US145,000 for it. In case you don't know, TikTok is a Chinese video-sharing social networking service owned by ByteDance. The TikTok trademark dates back to April 2018.

I can't help but think this will all end in tears... just like the poor saps who registered Facebok.com, Facebooks.com and had to had
them over as a result of a UDRP. How many times have you seen a plural domain name, that clearly infringes on an existing business?
https://www.news.com.au/finance/wor...s/news-story/e4985577ee76d524922101ffe651182b
Whilst you are no doubt correct, it's a little hard to feel sorry for Chinese Company's (you know the stealing of tech and all that stuff) I would happily take the money and run

snoopy

Top Contributor
$145,000 offer is little doubt fake as is most of the story in my view.

These guys look to have bought a 2nd hand BMW on credit and that is what the headline should say.

Fitness

I can't help but think this will all end in tears...
Hopefully they can learn from this... not a very sound business idea.

Horshack

Top Contributor
My understanding is that using a domain name as a fan site is considered legitimate use so interested to see how this unfolds and whether they use this as a defence.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member