What's new

Sorrento, Victoria

pacifier

Hey folks,

I've just soft launched Sorrento.com.au. There is still plenty of content to add over the next couple of weeks but would love to hear your honest criticism or ideas.

This website is a pair with the Queenscliff website, which I'm also redesigning. Both locations are popular tourist destinations in Victoria and connected by the Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry on the top of Port Phillip Bay.

findtim

Top Contributor
homepage: first impressions is I LOVE it, and you don't often get that :)

logo is GREAT, menu simple, easy to understand, able to grow, nice drop downs

banners. great photography.... makes the page STICK and I want to know more but I think to high, maybe cut back to 250px , 300px max I think as you should give the user a hint of whats down below the fold.

more like your internals http://www.sorrento.com.au/accommodation/

those big < > are pointless in my opinion.

accom with "3 pack" LOVE as well the special offers below

"what people...." is a total waste of space. i'd create another "3pack" place "what people." on the left and then have 3 testimonials to the right, if the testimonial is " we had so much fun at the bla bla restaurant" then use that restuarants image like you have the dolphins, just make the box taller to place the testimonial in.

upcoming events: I like the styling but make it a 3 or 4pack, good place for a youtube feed, facebook feed, twitter feed, blog feed.

ferry promo: good

footer: basic

all in all a great site with great potential

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
Great looking site. Awesome colours and font choice. Well done!

Only criticism is that it is not responsive. Is there a mobile version?

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I'm glad this domain is being developed. We often go to Sorrento (I've been going there as a kid) and when I saw it come up, I seriously thought about buying it. Great site.

Guidex

Top Contributor
Love it! Will be heading to Sorrento December 20th with all my mates.

How do you set up these affiliations? Are they available online or do you contact the companies directly?

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Great looking site, well done!

Possibly needs a mobile version, or a responsive design to capture the large percentage of mobile users.

Other than that, I will look it up next time I head to Sorrento my self.

pacifier

How do you set up these affiliations? Are they available online or do you contact the companies directly?

Direct contact. Trying to be relevant and competitive as much as possible.

A number of us were wondering about the sorrento.com.au domain, given that it recently fetched a standout price compared to many other geo domains on Netfleet at:

https://www.dntrade.com.au/domain-news/7332-domain-sales-list-2013-a-6.html#post59934

Did you also try and bid on the Portsea domain?

Jamie, I did not bid on Portsea. Didn't think there is a market there. As I've mentioned my main goal was to connect my other website Queenscliff(which is being redesigned)with Sorrento on the popular Queenscliff-Sorrento ferry route. I personally had many one day rounds of the bay starting from the Geelong side of Melbourne to Queenscliff, crossing with the ferry and returning from the Mornington Peninsula side of the bay. You've got to put your money in what you love.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member