What's new

Social traffic VS Google

payattention

Archived Member
I thought I'd share some stats from one of my sites where the majority of traffic is not coming from Google. It's still organic traffic but Google isn't the only cat in town. It's also interesting that traffic from these sources spend far much more time on the site. Facebook users spend an average of 3:36 while Google users spend 2:27.

paz

Was the reddit traffic from one front pager or just from submitting new articles often?

From what I have seen reddit/digg traffic is generally useless as they don't click many ads but obviously good for flow on link building.

payattention

Archived Member
Yeah jam, I have the Like button on every page, Facebook comment box (wordpress comments disabled) and a Like box that displays a group of fans on every page for social proof.

James

Top Contributor
Depends what type of site, Google is always going to be quite good for traffic if you get your SEO right. Sure if you have a huge Facebook pages, comment boxes from fb, like buttons on every thing social you can get good traffic.

But some times I find it really hit or miss on the type of site which will get a lot of traffic from Facebook, a quick two examples from two separate sites two different niches for 2011 traffic GA stats referrals...Looks like I need to work on PV per visitors too for these sites ;)

In terms of time spent on site it is not that much different...But yes Facebook does have higher time spent !!

Regards

payattention

Archived Member
That's really interesting James.

This is one of the first sites I've made where the majority of the traffic is not coming from Google. It's an interesting change because I sometimes worry and/or feel vunerable having all my traffic come from there. I've been slapped a few times before but hearing about people getting slapped really hard can be a worry. A certain credit card/homeloans etc site springs to mind of late as an example of this.

20k from Facebook is impressive (free traffic from pages etc I am assuming).

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member