What's new

ShippingContainers.com.au

James

Top Contributor
DROP - $11,670
Netfleet - $10671

Healthy sale for this domain, I know their is money in Shipping for sure.

Interesting sale but, your thoughts?

neddy

Top Contributor
Wow!

I was playing for a while, but then it just shot from $1k to $10K. :eek:

At this price, had to be enduser, and it was. portcontainerservices.com.au

Congrats Drop!

jockp

Well done to port containers.

I was the losing bidder on both.

Just can't compete with the end user can you.

I'll call them up on monday and let you know what they were willing to go to.

sensoryfx

Top Contributor
what about something like roadlogistics.com.au , raillogistics.com.au , maritimelogistics.com.au ???

Last edited:

dreamscanbevisions

what about something like roadlogistics.com.au , raillogistics.com.au ???

I'd say for a domain to be valuable an average person within the industry should be able to make money via the keywords for e.g two dollar store would be worth more in my opinion because more people can make money with it but road logistics... I don't know unless the person was looking for a job

snoopy

Top Contributor
what about something like roadlogistics.com.au , raillogistics.com.au , maritimelogistics.com.au ???

In domains a miss is a good as a mile. "Shipping containers" is a consumer term, the usage is simple,

http://www.portcontainerservices.com.au/

"buy a shipping container"

"hire a shipping container".

The domain is 100% "right". The product is clear, it is a simple and people are likely to buy it online or at minimum do research online and then make a phone call. It also something you can't duck down the street for, for someone who want to buy one shipping container (ie someone who isn't a major transport company) the only other likely option apart from the internet to find a supplier is likely the yellow pages.

So I'd say this is something of a niche when it comes to people buying a shipping container or modifying one (and probably a big niche too).

Something like roadlogistics.com sounds "impressive" but it is a corporate term as opposed to something someone would search for, it is the sort of term that would be used in an annual report to tart up something simple, as opposed to being customer centric. Wouldn't renew these names personally.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Any idea what the shipping container sales and rental market is worth in Australia? Seems to be massive?

I think it would be very large but I suspect most of it would be from large shipping companies buying off manufacturers directly. Having said that the ones I look up, eg Maersk, manufacture themselves.

I think anyone who buys containers in bulk is going to know all the manufacturers, so the real market for a domain like this is the people who want one or two containers in my view. It is a subset of that market.

courier

They are a few K to buy - you have to be careful if you are getting containers in say from China - I know of a few places in sydney where the containers have to be parked in ....as in the middle of the night the truck drivers can go an pick up the empties ...the importer/exporter is liable for the container cost back to the shipping line..... few cases I know of now

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member