What's new

Restaurants.net.au dropping

DavidL

Top Contributor
Another day, another huge domain. Search volume (phrase) a massive 823,000.

Perfect for a review website from which Google Places may even start to draw from...

SEO by food type "Chinese restaurants" and places "Sydney restaurants".

Maybe even a name to start a restaurant voucher website (seeing how hot this area is at the moment)

Demand free meals at every listed restaurant...

James

Top Contributor
2,200 ish bid on both DROP and NF.

Was going to bid with 1 min to go only 150 but shot up like crazy.

I think a member from this forum purchased it ;)

Last edited:

Oz.

Top Contributor
Thanks Soj!

But no thanks to Shaun for being my under-bidder.. ahhhhhh

;)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Well done for the price! But I cant see the investment values in .net.au's. Too risky for little profit. I would spend $100,000 buying restaurants.com.au and develop it instead of $3,000 for restaurants.net.au and develop that. But thats just from my experience .

There must be a reason why so many .net.au's are still available to register and why so few sell on netfleet

Dont shoot me anyone if you love .net.au's but we dont.. we dropped a bit of $$ buying them once and got no value from them at all ( and our traffic stats showed it unfortunately)

If Australians and the world knew and liked .net.au's more we would maybe look at it again but I doubt it...Better for us to buy the .com.au equivalent and pay the premium our experience shows

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I agree with you there DomainNames. .Net.au just don't have a great standing at the moment both to the public and in my experience, Google AU.

pacifier

I personally think that tropicalfish.com.au was much better and valuable than restaurants.net.au

Unfortunately drop didn't catch it for me. Congratulations to Netfleet and the buyer who back-ordered it.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I personally think that tropicalfish.com.au was much better and valuable than restaurants.net.au

Unfortunately drop didn't catch it for me. Congratulations to Netfleet and the buyer who back-ordered it.

Yep not a bad name tropicalfish.com.au considered that one but let it go.. looks like we wouldnt have got it anyway :) .. Isnt there heaps of names just as good for cheaper on netfleet.com.au but?

I know the daily drop auctions are good but there are so many gems for sale on netfleet.com.au I dont know why more people aren't buying there each day. ( They do seem to sell a few every ay but which shows the aftermarket is working nicely and was needed.. it gives people the chance to buy what they want and people the chance to sell what they want... thank you AUDA for allowing an aftermarket system that seems to be working with everyone happy ! )

Last edited:

James

Top Contributor
I think some of you guys are missing the light here, restaurants.net.au only went for 2,200...I think with the right website it could be made into something very brand able and something for consumers thats easy to remember. Even when I am out and about in the city I still see many businesses who use the .net.au domain name on shops and what not.

I think 2,200 is a good price if the website is developed into something good. I mean look at CreditCard.net.au 15k domain sure it is a high CPA industry but still restaurants is a hot domain imo, even thought the extension is .net.au its still worth it 100%.

Shaun

Top Contributor
.net.au argument huh...

I used to be a hater, now I would recommend you all change your opinion and start to consider .net.au as almost worthy...

A couple of examples:

WebDesigners.net.au #1 for Web Designers
See: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=web+designers&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Life Insurance (super competitive) #3 for Life Insurance
See: http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=life+insurance&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Whilst you could argue that if the same amount of SEO was done on a non generic .com.au would it rank as well? That's the unknown.

What these two sites above prove is that .net.au CAN rank for SUPER competitive terms.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo