What's new

Removing URLs from search results

James

Top Contributor
This could be ok if you owned .net.au domains

But overall not a good move for .com.au sites because naturally users like to find .com.au sites in the SERPS and click on them.
I think this could affect bound rate. To me this seems like a cheeky way to get more CTR on paid search ads.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Most average users wont even notice, but it could modify their click behavior, directing them to more obviously visual choices, such as the ads.

It also modifies general thinking patterns and makes people think less about the domain, which is another indicator that domain names and their gTLDs and ccTLDs trends into the future will be different from the past.

I hope Google does not do this.

jamesau

I think it would be difficult for them to move forward with. It really just creates an easier world for scammers.

Poor Example: You could buy westpac-login.xxx and if you set the site name to 'Westpac Banking Login' some less-savvy browsers might be caught out. Domains are an important validation method.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
I think it would be difficult for them to move forward with. It really just creates an easier world for scammers.

Poor Example: You could buy westpac-login.xxx and if you set the site name to 'Westpac Banking Login' some less-savvy browsers might be caught out. Domains are an important validation method.

Great point, one of many issues that could arise.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member