What's new

Payment for .au using Escrow.com

Scott7

Top Contributor
What have been members' experiences when receiving payment for .au domains via Escrow.com? Has the COR presented any difficulties in this process? Thanks.

findtim

Top Contributor
maybe a little off topic sorry.
i don't use any escrow, my terms are "pay me, when money arrives i give you the key"
nowww i do very fewwwwwwww , but its always been acceptable.

i have even said to people "go on dnt, you'll see i'm there, people know me"

i've been on other forums and they have star ratings, maybe this would help on dnt as well as i see the "trophy points" don't show up on posts.

neds always said linkedin is a good way to get cred.

having your own website does help as well. ( now i actually have one after soooooooo long)

tim

Scott7

Top Contributor
maybe a little off topic sorry.
i don't use any escrow, my terms are "pay me, when money arrives i give you the key"
I agree that this is the best way to go and it is what I have done previously for .au sales.
In this case, I am wanting to test some buy it now prices using Bodis.com landing pages. When a visitor clicks the 'buy it now' link, it takes them to a page where they can make immediate payment via Escrow.com. My main concern is whether the COR will cause any issues in this process.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
Gah - Checkvault used to be okay, but now they've changed their UX. It's dreadful, needlessly complicated and there seems to be no way to specify that the buyer pays the fees.

Any alternatives?

TrafficSauce

Gah - Checkvault used to be okay, but now they've changed their UX. It's dreadful, needlessly complicated and there seems to be no way to specify that the buyer pays the fees.

Agreed. Was fine previously (years ago) but they must have "improved" it in the meantime.
Last time I made use of it, no trouble with buyer paying the fees but I think this may be because they created the transaction.

No alternatives, that I know of - bring back EscrowAngel :(

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members