What's new

Parking With AdSense

Lucas

Top Contributor
I found the revenue generated by Google parking to be much lower than with parked.com or smartname.com. However lately I have found the best 'parking' method is to create mini sites that use adsense.

djuqa

Top Contributor
I found the revenue generated by Google parking to be much lower than with parked.com or smartname.com. However lately I have found the best 'parking' method is to create mini sites that use adsense.
Exactly SPOT ON!!

plus Minisites can be promoted easier than park pages.
plus there are other income streams possible with minisites.
1/ Paid links
2/ Aff. ads and Links
3/ Sale items
4/ Donate Buttons

Chris.C

Top Contributor
Thanks for everyone's responses. I appreciate it.

However lately I have found the best 'parking' method is to create mini sites that use adsense.
This is what I'm doing - it just takes at least a couple of days to get each minisite up and running and then add unique content and I have quite a few domains that are just sitting their waiting for their turn to be developed.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Exactly SPOT ON!!

1/ Paid links
2/ Aff. ads and Links
3/ Sale items
4/ Donate Buttons

Nice sales pitch,

Given a minisite is just adsense with content I don't see how they could outperform unless the traffic grows by a very significant amount.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Nice sales pitch,

Given a minisite is just adsense with content I don't see how they could outperform unless the traffic grows by a very significant amount.

I think he is referring to the fact minisites can be used to rank better rather then rely on type in traffic on parked domains. Ranking park domains is a tough job.

Also, more money to be made with those revenue streams then a parked page for sure....if you have the right traffic.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Also, more money to be made with those revenue streams then a parked page for sure....if you have the right traffic.

Personally I have found it is very difficult to outperform PPC with affiliate links, the affiliate link needs to be exactly right and even then 9 times out of 10 it produces lower revenue. As far as "sales items" that is another thing entirely, not something someone would usually add on a 10 minute site a make a success of.

As for donate buttons......unless it is some kind not for profit/low profit site that people feel a strong connection with, what chance is the chance of that working well?

Last edited:

Lucas

Top Contributor
Exactly SPOT ON!!

1/ Paid links
2/ Aff. ads and Links
3/ Sale items
4/ Donate Buttons

Also there are links - if you have say 50 minisites with a set of links pointing to active sites, this can really help the active sites rankings. I noticed my serp positions for certain search terms (with matching link anchor text) improved greatly after I set up my minisite network.

Further, outbound links are also a good way of using any pagerank that the domain may have or re-gain. A domain sitting parked without links is a waste of PR in my opinion. And as aussie domains have a strange ability to not lose their PR sometimes, or in some cases get it back from inbound links when the domain becomes active again it would seem silly to not use them for linking.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member