What's new

Next major domain to drop....

Oz.

Top Contributor
...you saw it here first folks:
ThankYourMotherForTheRabbits.com.au ( hopefully it wasn't owned by any of you, otherwise you have lost this gem to me )

Will it knock CarParts from being number 1 spot? Opinions?

:D

These drop lists are like obituaries for business ideas that either never eventuated or went bust. Apart from them gems that have their own inbuilt value, the trash that drops (99% of the domains) were people's ideas and hope for the future. Sometimes you got to wonder what they were smoking when they registered them.

Honan

Top Contributor
Wasn't that Rex Hunt that use to say that a lot on his fishing show?

Don
Thank your mother for the rabbits:
I think Rex Rhyming Slang pinched it fom the Human Headline, Derryn Hinch
I believe it is actually 19th century cockney
It still makes me laugh when someone says it
I don't know why

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
These drop lists are like obituaries for business ideas that either never eventuated or went bust. Apart from them gems that have their own inbuilt value, the trash that drops (99% of the domains) were people's ideas and hope for the future. Sometimes you got to wonder what they were smoking when they registered them.

When we first started the DROP business we lovingly referred to these 99% of the dropping domains as, "the list of broken business dreams".

Actually, when you have been at it as long as I have you can see some amazing trends. Like events in the past that spawned registrations. You can bet at the end of this year will see many Obama themed domains expiring.

Or my favourite, long weekends 2 years and 30 days ago, where people had a drunken epiphany to start a website that will release them from their current jobs. Actually I think I did that last year myself! :p

Best Regards,
George

Oz.

Top Contributor
When we first started the DROP business we lovingly referred to these 99% of the dropping domains as, "the list of broken business dreams".
Haha thats a great term for it.

Actually, when you have been at it as long as I have you can see some amazing trends. Like events in the past that spawned registrations. You can bet at the end of this year will see many Obama themed domains expiring.

Or my favourite, long weekends 2 years and 30 days ago, where people had a drunken epiphany to start a website that will release them from their current jobs. Actually I think I did that last year myself! :p

Best Regards,
George
LOL, I totally know what you mean, I have certainly seen some trends, or seasonality in these drops, and in the .com drops when I did them years back.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Funnily enough I actually spoke & exchanged emails with the registrant in 2008.

He is (was) actively involved in internet stuff including domains & SEO but his main thing was 'internet billboards'. Very enthusiastic guy from memory but I don't think we did any business...

Oz.

Top Contributor
Haha, all I knew about Rex was he enjoyed kissing fish, and his Fish and Chip shop is pretty nice. Never heard that expression before.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo