What's new

Moving on.. Hosting recommendations?

johno69

Top Contributor
I'm about to move IWP there, and that runs like a dogs breakfast on anything VentraIP related. So i'll find out pretty fast.

findtim

Top Contributor
i had concerns when i was moving ALL my domains/clients to netvirtue and all i did was "kept asking" , i can tell you they just "kept answering" , they are REALLY good, when they make a mistake they actually say they did !!!! , when i have found a problem they have thanked me for finding it, their customer service is 400% IMO.
note: after aussie hours you do get shifted to an americam call centre, but if you phone or ticket in hours you get VERY fast response AND you are kept up to date on progress.

i can't fault them
tim
( note: i couldn't fault hostG until i told them i was leaving ! )

johno69

Top Contributor
First impressions are the support is good and responsive.

Hosting seems slow in the back end. Just removing an alias sat there for 30 secs before completing. Just migrated my IWP panel over. Updated the DNS. Will see tomorrow how that performs.

nt81

Top Contributor
I do know that NV use Synergy for their domain wholesaler, I really hope they are not just selling Synergy's hosting too.

Time will tell :)

Full disclosure, I don't work at NetVirtue and never have.

I do however have 9 VPS's at NV and they don't re-sell Synergy VPS's

They have all of their own racks, hardware and networking / redundancy infrastructure in Syd / Mel as mentioned previously.

I know from personal reasons that they have spent up big $$$ to have extremely reliable infrastructure and it shows.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I'm about to move IWP there, and that runs like a dogs breakfast on anything VentraIP related. So i'll find out pretty fast.

Have you tried specialized hosts for the software? They can often be well priced and full optimized for what you are running.

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm still very happy with NV, i did have to move a clients sites (4) off because of some weird email conflict which we couldn't figure out, once we moved it stopped?? still don't know why but i get less support calls from that client which was the ONLY one with the issue. i STRONGLY believe it was some setting in the clients computer we couldn't find.

i love backup buddy but it struggles repeatedly with their litespeed servers, it works and then it doesn't, it works but then the backup although says its good is actually missing small pieces and transferring sites fail, general the database fail on WP sites which is a major issue.
tim

nt81

Top Contributor
i'm still very happy with NV, i did have to move a clients sites (4) off because of some weird email conflict which we couldn't figure out, once we moved it stopped?? still don't know why but i get less support calls from that client which was the ONLY one with the issue. i STRONGLY believe it was some setting in the clients computer we couldn't find.

i love backup buddy but it struggles repeatedly with their litespeed servers, it works and then it doesn't, it works but then the backup although says its good is actually missing small pieces and transferring sites fail, general the database fail on WP sites which is a major issue.
tim

If you have enough sites to host, do yourself a favour and move over to a VPS. Then you can do your own full WHM backups to an external source - like a self-hosted FTP server - this is what I've done in the past and it works really well.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
I just brought all my sites to NetVirtue. Went unbelievably well. They did a full cpanel migration and were VERY quick with support during the process and a couple of little issues afterwards which were all sorted very quickly.
- A dozen+ websites
- IWP
- emails
- SSL implementation of primary domain and all sub-domains (add-on domains.) Business Hosting through in the SSL included. Great!!!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member