What's new

Monestisation of a MASSIVE Facebook Page

Guidex

Top Contributor
Alright, so I have been given access to a Facebook Fan Page with 250K viewers, consistent 2k-30k likes each time something is posted.

This page is a persons page, let me say the category is 'Trolling/Funny articles,pictures/Insulting Political and Celebrity Figures'

Yeah I understand the page sounds ridiculous but the blokes famous for what he does.

Now, he wants to monetise it, or have a website linking off it to monetise.

What sort of product, idea, category etc should I go for?

Website with articles and ads?
Content locker/Surveys?
Mobile offers?

I honestly don't know what to aim at for the best conversion in this sort of category.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Alright, so I have been given access to a Facebook Fan Page with 250K viewers, consistent 2k-30k likes each time something is posted.

This page is a persons page, let me say the category is 'Trolling/Funny articles,pictures/Insulting Political and Celebrity Figures'

Yeah I understand the page sounds ridiculous but the blokes famous for what he does.

Now, he wants to monetise it, or have a website linking off it to monetise.

What sort of product, idea, category etc should I go for?

Website with articles and ads?
Content locker/Surveys?
Mobile offers?

I honestly don't know what to aim at for the best conversion in this sort of category.

try promote a joke site with adsense and cpa offers on them

James

Top Contributor
This niche is hard to make strong income from.

You need to watch what you promote as they can flag content and boom the page is blocked.

I have a few high traffice pages yet they are niche specific.

findtim

Top Contributor
so guidex, how are you going to feel if facebook trash you for doing something wrong ?

tim

DamianLondon

Top Contributor
Setting up a website with content and video probably easiest way to start (ensure the website has a Subscribe option as well).

Best results i've seen depending on volume per week is redirect to page with adsense, display ads and preroll video ads (so you will need video content).

Key will be volume.

Three ad revenue streams on one page; plus email revenue opps.

D

petermeadit

Top Contributor
This is a great topic. Spoke with a friend who owns a FB page with over 1mil likes. It is tricky to directly monetize because FB want the revenue funnel going into their ads.
However, there may be a way of accepting sponsored wall posts, or sponsored shares. A bit like sponsored blog posts which are quite popular. The leads would need to come in through a different channel I would imagine.

James

Top Contributor
I guess if you have a big page with 500,000+ or so people, people always offer to pay for posts some even send you expensive gifts so you do a review.

Guidex

Top Contributor
Hi guys,

Received a huge project from him, (I'm not that skilled so going to take me a while)

He has given me a mock up for a website with a lot of content and ideas as well as other avenues. Got everything set up so far, just refining the tools/plugins etc to his specifications

It will be similar to
Code:
http://www.cracked.com/
and
Code:
http://www.theonion.com.
However, the Australian version.

He has a few Melbourne/Sydney comedians that are known inputting with videos and articles.

Total reach:

255,000 Fans (Approx 1.2Mill reach per month as per analytics)
31,000 Youtube Subs (2Mill Views so far)
60k~ Twitter Followers

Now we won't be directing all traffic to the website as it will be attached to posts and inserted in the end of videos that are normally posted.

I don't want to post publicly who this person is or who is involved, but if you want to know shoot me a PM.

I've got a feeling it will have consistent views/readers and may make a bit off adsense. - Have also reserved space for people to pay directly for space.

natomager

Hey mate

your project sounds awesome.

Would you like to go on the waiting list for the skullcandy australia affiliate program. It will have a 20% first tier and 10% second tier. It is massive if you have a demographic of 13 to 25 year people.

talk soon

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members