What's new

Hello from Adelaide.

RobM

Hi everyone. First time poster from Adelaide. Looking for advice on selling high-value .com and .com.au domains. One is 22 years old.

RobM

Hello BF,

A few of my thoughts below. Your advice is much appreciated.

Sashao.com

- sashao translates to ‘spoon’ in Chinese
- I would expect this one to be in the Super to Ultra Premium category for the right buyer
- I've been getting unsolicited enquiries to purchase for about 7 years
- food related business in China, brandable, one-word .com
- NameWorth has spoon.com appraised at 400,000 USD

AustralianPhoto.com

- originally intended for a contributor-led Aus-specific photo library
- possibly used as an important redirect for global stock photo companies – Shutterstock, iStock, etc.
- AustralianPhotos.com listed for 2,999 USD on Afternic

FontExpo.com
FontExpo.com.au
FontExpo.net

FontExpo.co

- envisaged as a competitor to the likes of MyFonts.com
- registered multiple extensions to avoid cybersquatters, protect brand, etc.

AirVirtue.com
AirVirtue.com.au
AirVirtue.co

- in early discussions with Nike on this one
- registered with the intention to help client brand an unique air purification start-up
- this company has the only virus-destruction technology available (including CoViD-19), retrofitted to HVAC systems
- currently branded under a different trading name which they can’t change due to existing patents, ASX listing, etc.

MoreRain.com.au
MoreRain.net

- firstly, my heart goes out to anyone affected by the recent floods. I certainly don’t intend to cash in on people’s misery.
- intended to use as my own design business instead of my surname
- Brandable for many sectors and industries
- could also be used as a flood resilience information source

DigitalSkin.com.au
DigitalSkin.net

- Brandable for many sectors and industries

gApp.com.au
gApp.au
(pre-registered)

- intended for an App development/design business
- could also be used as an acronym for the right business

App2.com.au

- as above

Last edited by a moderator:

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
I think these domains fall into the "could be great if" wishful thinking category. They are not worth much, if anything.

I say this because any domain could be great if you build something on it. Even "Australian Photo" is weak if you look at search numbers.

I'm sorry if you think this is harsh but you could probably drop these and pick up better ones on the drop tomorrow.

The exception is obviously the one that gets interest. I don't know enough mandarin to comment on it's value. Did anyone make an offer?

RobM

Thank you BF,

You may very well be right. My closeness to the design field could be distorting my vision. Seeing phantom opportunities perhaps. I guess I don’t determine the inherent value of a domain based on the current search results, especially given that I’ve never built anything behind these names to attract clicks. I’m lucid enough to recognise owner bias though.

Sashao.com has attracted a lot of unsolicited interest without me even setting up parking accounts. The mandarin version of spoon.com to an audience of 1.4 billion must surely represent significant value. Offers have been too low so far though. I suspect many enquiries are coming from Chinese domainers hoping to on-sell. I’ve listed it on Dan.com and Above.com last week and received a direct email enquiry in Chinese 2 days later. Coincidence maybe.

I do appreciate your response - harsh or otherwise :)

johno69

Top Contributor
Sashao.com is not spoon.com. So for me, no value.

Same for the others, nothing sparks any interest for me in any way.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member