What's new

google blacklisted domain

findtim

Top Contributor
has anyone had this and come out the otherside? not panda or penguin issues, malware issues.

i have this 1 domain
HTML:
www.richmondflorist.com.au
and its been yoyo'ing for a few months with malware and i can't find it, i've done scans on , the host has done scans on it and we can find NOTHING wrong.

so anyway today google has blacklisted it
HTML:
https://www.stopbadware.org/common-hacks

i tried a 301 redirect to its sister-site melboure florist and it sometimes works but sometimes doesn't.

i can trash the site and rebuild it in a day or 2 but google has blacklisted the domain, it has even removed the website link in google places, and placed "this site may harm your computer UNDER the directory listing !!!!!!!!!! the number one page one directory listing !!!
http://screencast.com/t/SEH8WYau0JI

any ideas greatly appreciated

tim

chris

Top Contributor
Hi tim,

The first thing I'd do is take the site offline to protect visitors, then try and track down the source of the malware.

Take a look at Google Webmaster Tools to see if anything is listed under Malware? It might give you a clue to where the problem is. If not, then get someone who can help isolate where the problem is (eg. host, plugin, theme etc.) and help rebuild/harden the site.

Once your site is clean you'll be able to flag it for review in GWT and it should be reindexed.

Cheers,
Chris

findtim

Top Contributor
its weird, the 301 is working on some of my computers but not others and i have cleaned caches and restarted etc?

she employs someone else reputable ( who i know and trust) to do her SEO, so i will be contacting them in the morning before knee jerking a reaction.

thanks for the help

tim

Joel

Top Contributor
I get 301 redirect to melbflorist if using Lynx, but a malware warning page if I use firefox.

helloworld

Top Contributor
It's oscommerce. Once good, now shit and not maintained etc etc. Personally, i'd dump the site and move to a better platform and then resubmit to Google.

I had this on a Drupal site once, turned out to be the adserving plugin was hacked, so moved the ads to Doubleclick. Google were pretty responsive. Site was back online same day...check your plugins.

findtim

Top Contributor
It's oscommerce. Once good, now shit and not maintained etc etc. Personally, i'd dump the site and move to a better platform and then resubmit to Google.

I had this on a Drupal site once, turned out to be the adserving plugin was hacked, so moved the ads to Doubleclick. Google were pretty responsive. Site was back online same day...check your plugins.

thanks for the info joel

yes helloworld that is the plan, luckily for me i knew this day would come ( thus my development of melbourneflorist) .

i have some setup to do but i will be changing it over tmmorrow to the woocommerce version.

GLAD to hear google was very responsive

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads