What's new

Geographical Domains

Furphy

Hey all,

Wondering how you would go about valuing geographical domains? Obviously pretty niche and dependent on the area, but surely there's some value to the right person.

I own the following:

tumbarumba.com.au
turabeach.com.au
tallangatta.com.au
yarrangobillycaves.com.au

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Hi Furphy

Tumba - $1 - $2k (try real estate agents if they make just one sale they'll be ahead) you could also put up a directory and charge businesses $10 - $99 (lot of work though)
Tura Beach - put up some pictures and text and sign up to Booking.com then when it's ranked in the top 10 approach the 50 odd accommodation businesses direct by saying they'll save 15% on bookings through their own website vs AirBnb or Stayz. (say $150 per night x 100 nights per year x 15% forever) that will give you an idea of value. Again local real estate property managers should be interested.
Tallangatta - CPC is $0.00 so about the same for value.
Yarrangobilly Caves - the number of businesses who could monetise it are close to nil, so $0.

These are the metrics I look at; search numbers, CPC, and number of accommodation places (search Stayz and AirBnB about 2 for Tumba and Tallangatta and 50 odd for Tura Beach).

Just my thoughts.

Cheers

David

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics