What's new

Favourite WordPress Plugins

petermeadit

Top Contributor
You have up to about 70 chars really. Make sure you include carefully targeted keywords in a human readable phrase as your title.

findtim

Top Contributor
not a plugin but interesting tool for devs
Code:
http://chengyinliu.com/whatfont.html
we've found it very useful and time saving
i know there are others out there but this is sooooo simple
tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
They seem big on internal linking and external linking
~
Should a site with a hundred posts have one hundred internal and external links in each post?

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Agree helloworld, Yoast is a great guide, it helps you to focus on SEO for your post as you write it for example. But common sense should prevail. If you are just trying to get the green traffic lights, then you are missing the point. Many time you may not every get an orange light. But it will help you to think about the elements that are important, and then you can use your judgement as to what should done.

johno69

Top Contributor
I just found and am using Shortn.it

Example use: http://bwls.co/loNDJ

Not exactly sure where i'll use it as yet, possibly put a short URL to "This Page" on each listing.

Seems great using your own short URL rather than using a third party service.

johno69

Top Contributor
when i use it my wordfence notices about failed attempts to login just STOP.
I turn those notifications off anyway. I only need to know when they get in, not when they are successfully blocked.
Looks like a good plugin though, may test it out.

findtim

Top Contributor
i find if i let things annoy me i finally find a solution, i don't like things going on that i don't know about, having the bots not even get a chance to fail works even better for me.
given that it takes 5 seconds to implement.

just note, it is www. sensitive ! if you change mydomain.com.au/wp-admin to mydomain.com.au/surfboards then depending on you domain setup, either www. or not it will stick to it THUS mydomain.com.au/surfboards will not work, you must use www.mydomain.com.au/surfboards and vis versa
if you find out where to change the error messages please let me know 'cheatin uh ?" and "No no no, the login form is not here."

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
Nag modals are great Tim.

Large retatiler started running one recently that slides up from the bottom of the page and impact was seen immediately. Talking 50% increase.
I've just set one of these up on nuts.com.au using Klaviyo.

I'm a bit like Tim in that I don't particularly like them, but there seems to be few online stores these days not using them.

findtim

Top Contributor
i fthink johno69 meant the email notifications wordfence gives you for failed logins, not those pop ups on websites.
yours shane isn't so bad as its short and to the point, some are horrible "swing through hoop type"
i still find having to click it closed annoying.
also shane, just feedback, i really dislike a .com.au chat plugin thats "leave a message" when its between 9-5pm weekdays

tim

Shane

Top Contributor
also shane, just feedback, i really dislike a .com.au chat plugin thats "leave a message" when its between 9-5pm weekdays

tim
I agree completely! I'm pretty slack at turning it on each morning and off each afternoon. I can't set it to a standard 9-5 type of timer as I'm in and out of the office a fair bit.

I'm not sure if there's any other solution...? I don't want to outsource the chat to someone else.

findtim

Top Contributor
couldn't it be done via your mobile phone? just log into your admin? surely there would only be a few a day at the moment
my brother uses these guys and has had success, not sure on pricing as we got in at startup so ??
http://www.leadchat.com/
they are aussie in melbourne, worth a phone call and they are always responsive to ideas and improving

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member