What's new

Fabulous.com vs Parking Crew

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
I'm currently having a bit of a nightmare with the portfolio I manage. I keep getting reports that the domains that are in the Parking Crew account have been claimed by another user, and Parking Crew have confirmed that this is due to Fabulous.com now using Parking Crew to monetise and subsequently claiming the domains.

Anybody having similar problems?

neddy

Top Contributor
Oh yeah. Nightmare is the right word Andrew.

We lost sales landers; we haven't been paid for last month - I could go on and on. The Fabulous I have loved (and praised) for years and years has really dropped the ball.

Based on one of your posts, we signed up with Parking Crew; and used Above.com to manage the parking revenue between them and Fabulous. Then Fab decided to use Parking Crew for their parking, and every Fab customer then got a PC account. Which meant we suddenly had two PC accounts. That's when the problems really escalated.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get my drift. No fault aimed at either Above or Parking Crew - it's all down to piss poor communication and organisation from Fab. In my humble opinion of course!

Ned

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
Is it worth turning off fabulous in Above.com?
Oh yeah. Nightmare is the right word Andrew.

We lost sales landers; we haven't been paid for last month - I could go on and on. The Fabulous I have loved (and praised) for years and years has really dropped the ball.

Based on one of your posts, we signed up with Parking Crew; and used Above.com to manage the parking revenue between them and Fabulous. Then Fab decided to use Parking Crew for their parking, and every Fab customer then got a PC account. Which meant we suddenly had two PC accounts. That's when the problems really escalated.

I could go on and on, but I'm sure you get my drift. No fault aimed at either Above or Parking Crew - it's all down to piss poor communication and organisation from Fab. In my humble opinion of course!

Ned
Makes me sad, but I'm probably going to end up deleting all the portfolio domains from Fabulous.

neddy

Top Contributor
Is it worth turning off fabulous in Above.com?
David from Above suggested that to sort out the problems in the short term, and I have done that.

I notice overnight that Fab have sent all their customers an email, but there are still a lot of unanswered questions in my mind.

And where is payment for last month?

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi,

For Above users, this only affects users that already had existing ParkingCrew accounts. But the easy solution here is to keep your existing ParkingCrew account active and disable the old Fabulous account as trying to keep both will cause a lot of Conflict issues.

If you did not have a ParkingCrew account, then all you need to do (once you get you new user details from parkingcrew) is add them to your Above.com account.

Make sure you obtain from ParkingCrew from their Accounts section your CNAME and your API Key.
And in the My Domains - Settings section select the marketplace such as Above to manage your Domain Offers.

For Above clients the Fabulous transition is a made substantially smother and we are here to help guide as well.

If you need help with setting up an Above account or the fabulous transition please reach out to Cam Bell cam at above.com

Cheers
David

Horshack

Top Contributor
got my 12 cents commission from fabulous last week.
tim
I followed the link on the Fabulous Parking Crew email to enter my payment details but there seems to be a $200 lower limit for bank account transfers and $20 for paypal. How did you get paid your 12 cents Tim?

geodomains

Top Contributor
I'm still waiting to be paid and it's been months, have logged tickets with them and adviced how they can pay me, but nothing so far.

snoopy

Top Contributor
I'm still waiting to be paid and it's been months, have logged tickets with them and adviced how they can pay me, but nothing so far.

Is that via fabulous or parkingcrew? I tried sending fabulous a support request, will see what happens.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
Raised a ticket and got the following from Support
If you would like to be paid out the balance in your account, please send an email requesting the payout to finance@fabulous.com. Please include your account username, payment method details (either paypal account or ach details - bank account and routing numbers). Please note that US based customers should also include a completed w9 form as well, which you can get here:
https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf

geodomains

Top Contributor
I got the same Andrew and replied with my Paypal account to make it easier, that was 2 days ago and still nothing. They are holding our money and giving us the run around.
Don

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
...and we've been paid overnight. A little bit sad to say that that will probably be the last interaction I have with Fabulous.com.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member