What's new

Drops Today - August 2017

neddy

Top Contributor
Nice 3L domain name sale on the drops yesterday went under the radar (because it was caught on Domain Shield).

APT.com.au was back-ordered on Netfleet; had a big bid on Drop; and DS won it for what I believe was $6400 inclusive.

Congrats to Erhan Karabardak from Cooper Mills, and to Anthony from DS.

Story also on Domainer.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Nice 3L domain name sale on the drops yesterday went under the radar (because it was caught on Domain Shield).

APT.com.au was back-ordered on Netfleet; had a big bid on Drop; and DS won it for what I believe was $6400 inclusive.

Story also on Domainer.

Yes Congratulations. It is great to see Erhan a good domain name & trademark lawyer, auDA Supply Director and the Deputy Chair investing in the com.au namespace.

Domain Shield is also doing well. I think Erhan also had some relationship with that business once so he should be proud that is also successful at the expired domain name daily drop auctions. Some contact details for Domain Shield still show as Cooper Mills.

Personally I believe auDA should run an official daily drop auction for the expiring .au domain names. This way people can just bid on the 1 platform and the highest bidder wins it. That is the fairest model and it will give auDA some income so they can reduce their wholesale domain name pricing and benefit .au Domain Name Consumers.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Has Auda ever reduced their fees? Think you must be joking.
Why shouldn't they? They have $12 million in the bank from .au profits and they are supposed to be a "not for profit".
Supply and Demand need to ask questions about the reduced .au wholesale pricing that was promised by both auDA and Ausregistry back in 2008 as part of the .au wholesale registry contract renewal terms.
https://www.ausregistry.com.au/auda-extends-ausregistrys-au-registry-term-to-2014/
http://www.webhostingtalk.com.au/showthread.php?t=8729&s=8bb15749be00f0dee3e8fc973d45101b

snoopy

Top Contributor
In my view revenue from any "business" they can think up with just be wasted and/or piled up rather than going back to the public/registrants.

Horshack

Top Contributor

Story also on Domainer.
Going by the April AUDA minutes I can see the reason for picking this up now : "Erhan Karabardak informed the Board that he has been appointed to the Board of APTLD"

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member