What's new

domain transfers for developers

findtim

Top Contributor
firstly i know you all know this stuff, but i thought i'd put some on my opinions in based on james's thread today
https://www.dntrade.com.au/general-...t-domains-cor-feel-like-i-am-dealing-90s.html

transfering a domain between 2 skilled parties is seamless, get one that knows nothing and it can turn into hell.

but lets talk about it from a development point of view, client comes to you and says "i have a domain" , you quote and get the dev job but then spend 3 hours trying to get the correct passwords, signin url, redelegation etccccc

SO often we don't think about this time when we quote, but its TIME, and i find myslef doing it all the time even though i bloody know i should be charging for it.

its hard to say " ohh, thats a fee" ...." ohh yep, thats also a fee" because you just want the job !

so the reason for this post is just to suggest that we all need to put these buffers into our quoting.

tim

TpD

Your initial quote should have a basic scope of works.

You outline the services you intend providing, itemise them with time allocation if need be.

You then also outline things outside the scope of works that you will charge an additional time based fee for.

Use your past experiences as to what should be in and out of scope.

As a customer, I don’t mind paying extra if I have some advanced warning to allow for that.
None of us like, hidden or surprise costs.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member