What's new

Current au Backorders

Joel

Top Contributor
Are there any drop-style registrars currently offering .au backorders?

I just noticed NetRegistry are offering them for $9.95 a year which sounds great but I don't know the details on how well it performs, if it's their own system or just NetFleets, etc.

NetFleet haven't offered them for a while.

I know CrazyD offer them but I like to avoid them completely if I can!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Shane

Top Contributor
Yeah, it's still advertised on their site but it doesn't work. If you try to place a backorder it comes back saying backorders are currently not working - been that way for months.

I sent a support ticket about it a few weeks back. Supposedly it will be back up soon.

findtim

Top Contributor
I sent a support ticket about it a few weeks back. Supposedly it will be back up soon.

not having a go at you shane just the word "soon":)

i love the word "soon" , its so NOTHING, when is "soon"?

"i'll do that soon"

"when" ?

soon

so today? tomorrow? in a month?

soon

so when is "soon"

soon

i have found when dealing with businesses and they say " we will do that soon" they really mean " go away and we may do it if we feel like it in our own good time or maybe never and don't ask me again as my reply will be ...soon "

i use "soon" a lot :D

tim

PS: when you push push push someone to actually define "soon" it almost always ends up in anger as they do not want to state the paragraph description above.

soon = no, maybe never, go away

Joel

Top Contributor
I hope NetFleet get them back soon :)

It's not high on their priority list I'm sure - I don't expect there are too many backorders being placed.

The problem for me is that I don't trust that any other registrar is going to beat NetFleet to get the name when it comes drop time.

findtim

Top Contributor
do netfleet even comment anymore ?? They also consider some backorders premium and do not backorder them

so are you saying if you have done some research and you pay the back order fee which brings THAT domain to their attention then they don't allow it?

even though they didn't know until you mention it?

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think it was well known some names could not be backordered, i think their choice , why backorder it when you can sell at Bim prices

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo