What's new

Changes Happening At Drop

neddy

Top Contributor
Just posted some big news on Domainer about upcoming changes at Drop.com.au.

This may come as a shock to some, but I've decided to accept an offer to buy me out of Drop (and the other two registrars) which I recently acquired from Dark Blue Sea. The deal is subject to auDA approving the Change in Effective Control.

The purchaser is the Trellian group - they are a well-resourced Melbourne based operation (with international offices), and they cater primarily for domain investors. David Warmuz heads up Trellian - and he's a great guy.

A condition precedent of my sale to Trellian was that they agree to keep Cam and Katherine on in their very important roles at Drop. This was a “no brainer” decision from David Warmuz – he has used Drop for many years; and knows Cam well.

So the future for Drop looks fantastic – it is going to a home even better than I could offer it! And in the meantime, Drop is getting so much love and attention from past, present and future owners. :)

Christopher

Top Contributor
Is it just drop you've let go from your latest acquisition? or have you also sold the others you got at the same time from Dark Blue Sea.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Personally this worries me a little. I had high hopes for Drop when Ned bought it and he was going to be involved, because I believe in Ned.
Although I know very little about Trellian, they're a bigger company, and yes they'll have a ton more resources at the fngertips, but it would be rare to see them putting customers above profit. Of course they deserve the benefit of the doubt... we shall see.

ttfan

Top Contributor
I'd love to know if anything is happening at Drop, since I've heard or seen nothing since Trellian have taken over.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
I know that Drop is "between owners" at present, but the lack of communication about the issues that Drop has been having over the past couple of days is pretty poor IMHO. Yesterday's list for today's auction, and as yet no domains for tomorrow's auction. What's happening? What is the issue and when will it be fixed?

It's as though no-one cares. Let your customers know...

Don't get me started on Netfleet...

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Apologies for the delay in communicating Andrew - was hoping for a bit more info to present first.

Some good and not so good news on the issues lately guys.

As many of you know, Drop has had some downtime sporadically over the last few months with the site not resolving at all. This was due to some hardware degradation. The good news is we've now migrated to a new server so that reliability issue should be a thing of the past.

Unfortunately as these things sometimes do, it caused other issues. We made sure all the critical things were working first (like registrations / renewals) and are moving on to connect the other pieces like the auction.

If you have any questions about your account, please contact support.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Auctions and new COR's are not currently working.
We'll create a separate thread to update when we have more info on Monday.

neddy

Top Contributor
Transition should happen early next week. Good times ahead!
I am no longer a registrar. Thanks to everyone that supported me during my brief stint on the "dark side". I intend writing an article about the experience sometime soon. It will make for interesting reading.

Wishing Trellian and Above all the very best with their revamp of Drop. Still my favourite registrar! :)

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I am no longer a registrar. Thanks to everyone that supported me during my brief stint on the "dark side". I intend writing an article about the experience sometime soon. It will make for interesting reading.

Wishing Trellian and Above all the very best with their revamp of Drop. Still my favourite registrar! :)
Welcome "back" Ned. Best of luck to Trellian.. Can't wait to see the new new domain name "consumer" focused improvements rolled out.

robert

Top Contributor
Can't wait to read your article on Domainer, Ned.
During this second transition, Drop appears to be broken. I look forward to using the platform once the all new and improved version is up online with the new Trellian owners...

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member