What's new

Buying Facebook Pages

BenWalker

Top Contributor
Hi All,

Im thinking of buying a Facebook page from someone. (Genuine traffic and its a niche that I operate in.) They have agreed to sell.

Is there a way they can revert the sale once they have transferred the page to you?
(e.g, claim it as stolen to facebook?)

Any tips or previous experiences will be great to hear.

Thanks!

James

Top Contributor
Usually if you sell a large page you can do a contract up and show your ID/ buyers ID ect. Then when they transfer the admin access to you, they should drop off as admin and give full rights to the page for your admin nominated account.

Depends on the account amount which you are buying as well. Have you tested the traffic metrics.

plano

Then when they transfer the admin access to you, they should drop off as admin and give full rights to the page for your admin nominated account.
Not sure what the current situation is but the way it has been since they introduced multiple admins is that any one admin can remove admin privileges from any other admin so in this case you wouldn't need to wait for them to 'drop off' you would just remove their admin privileges once you became an admin (before they removed you as admin).

I suppose that is why escrow can be difficult with this sort of transfer because at some stage you are both admins while first of all the seller doesn't have the payment and then later when the seller has received the payment but is still admin so can remove your access.

James

Top Contributor
Not sure what the current situation is but the way it has been since they introduced multiple admins is that any one admin can remove admin privileges from any other admin so in this case you wouldn't need to wait for them to 'drop off' you would just remove their admin privileges once you became an admin (before they removed you as admin).

I suppose that is why escrow can be difficult with this sort of transfer because at some stage you are both admins while first of all the seller doesn't have the payment and then later when the seller has received the payment but is still admin so can remove your access.

Yeah that is what I said you need them to drop off, I guess you just need to do some research on the buyer as well. If you sell to a media company they will be switched on with deals like this, if you deal with some 17 year old kid who has his mums credit card it can be a bit more difficult.

FPForum

Technically buying and selling FB pages is against their terms of service...So doing such a thing would have to be "under the table" so to speak.

If someone sold you a page and then told FB they sold it that wouldn't work. Claiming it was stolen would probably be a little tricky because Facebook would want allot of information, probably investigate who was logged into the accounts, and to be honest - might not even care that much since it's only a fan page (unless it's a verified Celebrity page or something)

To be honest, if I was the seller I would be more worried about a Paypal reversal... I've sold a number of pages in the past and never had problems.

Btw...If you're still looking for more pages then let me know!

findtim

Top Contributor

i think this was posted previously on a different thread but it a very good point to remember IMO

here is an idea, an escrow that not only controls the money but the admin password, so you pay the money into escrow, the seller accepts to enter into escrow for payment and gives the password to escrow, escrow then has access and changes password so nobody has access, once escrow is complete escrow delivers password to new owner.

i think that solves the problem/threat

does anyone know of a service like this?

tim

James

Top Contributor
Technically buying and selling FB pages is against their terms of service...So doing such a thing would have to be "under the table" so to speak.

You "could" sell a page is where you sell a website which is linked to the page and then the Facebook page and other social "assets" come with the purchase.

Many large companies and brokers sell websites on a daily basis and social assets are a key part to the sale.

Agree that some people could try to do a Paypal reversal on the transaction, yet you would want to set up a contract prior to the sale. Therefore you have something to fall back on with Paypal correct.

ajsahi

nice
Usually if you sell a large page you can do a contract up and show your ID/ buyers ID ect. Then when they transfer the admin access to you, they should drop off as admin and give full rights to the page for your admin nominated account.

Depends on the account amount which you are buying as well. Have you tested the traffic metrics.
nice tip.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member