What's new

Buyii.com.au version 2 launched!

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Hurray! We tried launching 3 weeks ago but found out an unoptimized Wordpress site doesn't handle big traffic very well. Moved to a VDS, hours of optimization and finally we launched the new site yesterday without any major dramas. Lots of bug fixes and content to add to the site over the next few days.

Custom newsletter, mobile apps, more deals coming soon.

Check it out!
http://www.buyii.com.au

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
Isn't loading the fastest, but not too bad. Looks great otherwise though. Not sure how you're making money off it seeing as there doesn't appear to be an affiliate system and only one banner ad at the very bottom.

Also, are you using feeds to add in all the data? I'm surprised you can use Wordpress to do this. I would have though you would have had to do it completely custom.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Isn't loading the fastest, but not too bad. Looks great otherwise though. Not sure how you're making money off it seeing as there doesn't appear to be an affiliate system and only one banner ad at the very bottom.

Also, are you using feeds to add in all the data? I'm surprised you can use Wordpress to do this. I would have though you would have had to do it completely custom.

Yeah site load times is slow at the moment as the images are being hotlinked direct from the deal sites without any compression. This will change though when we roll out a new script and move to Akamai CDN. We should see average savings of 80% on page sizes.

A key to any affiliate site is to always cloak your links (as long as it follows the advertisers rules).

James

Top Contributor

The links are probably paying sign up basis for members who are not yet joined specific deal sites they can pay any where from $1.50 - $3 CPA a sign up.
Probably paying more if he goes direct I guess, and on traffic basis maybe..

Very funny how CUDO tried to sue you for sending them traffic...

johno69

Top Contributor
You could maybe put a "Enter Email here" or something in that subscription box.

May not be obvious to some what is meant to go there.

Looks good though. Nice work.

sp@rky13

Top Contributor
The mouse over in the drop downs, the text is too light of a colour to be able to read it, at least in my view

zhenjie

Top Contributor
top suggestions johno and sparky. will get this suggestions added to the site over the week.

dropdown text definitely needs to be darker contrast and bolder.

neddy

Top Contributor

I think it looks absolutely great Zhenjie. Congrats. :)

What I love most of all is the homepage map clearly showing the number of deals available in each major city. That to me gives your site instant credibility.

And obviously, being an aggregator is good for you, because the "hard yards" have already been done by the major providers (in getting the deals).

My only critique is that on your map, the cities aren't in the right spots! ;) I didn't know Brisbane had relocated to Rockhampton. Perth is no longer on the coast etc. Ha ha!

zhenjie

Top Contributor
On Sky News Tech Report today, should be replayed at 10:45am if anyone is interested about Group Buying.

Put my name down for any possible future discussions on domaining. they said its something they are looking at covering more in the new year which is good to hear.

neddy

Top Contributor
Zhen, you were fantastic!

You looked good, sounded good - and you spoke with authority and knowledge.

Well done. :)

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Thanks Ned and Tim! Been on radio a few times but first time on TV so was a welcome experience and not as hard as I thought it would be. Certainly wouldn't mind doing it again covering different online topics.

Shane, going to grab a copy of it tomorrow. Haven't seen it myself so I'm eager :)

enjoi

Top Contributor
i dont know if this has been said yet but on the homepage with the number of deals per city ... the number of deals exceeds the white box

if you want a screenshot let me know!

... ignore my comment i just noticed johno sent a screenshot of what i was referring to!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member