auDA Board Elections

DomainNames

Top Contributor
5) 6 month resale limitation rule abolished
6) Misspellings list scrapped
7) Misspellings policy scrapped
8) Monetisation policy wrt brand names scrapped
9) Extra 2 years rego for sold domains to go on top of existing rego period
10) Individuals allowed to register com.au and net.au domains (complicated one this one)

And the money saved by not having to devote resources to police these grey areas put into cheaper wholesale reg fees :)

timeto vote

auDA Board – Call for Nominations

auDA invites people to nominate for election to its Board of Directors.

The election will take place at auDA's Annual General Meeting, to be held on 17 October 2011 in Melbourne.

The AGM will elect four Directors to the Board, to replace the Directors who must retire from the Board in accordance with auDA's Constitution. The Directors elected will serve for a term of two years.

The deadline for nominations is 5pm AEST, Friday 9 September 2011.

More information and the nomination form are available at http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-260811/.

neddy

Top Contributor

The election will take place at auDA's Annual General Meeting, to be held on 17 October 2011 in Melbourne.

The AGM will elect four Directors to the Board, to replace the Directors who must retire from the Board in accordance with auDA's Constitution. The Directors elected will serve for a term of two years.

More information and the nomination form are available at http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-260811/.

Thanks for timely reminder DomainNames. You beat me to it.

It is going to be another interesting election as there has been a huge increase in "demand members" since the last election.

A lot of domainers and domain owners joined up earlier in the year which is great. However, there has been a lot of "other and unknown people" also join up recently.

Domainers / domain owners need to be represented by people genuinely interested in the domain industry - not faceless and unknown individuals who never make themselves known here. It will be interesting to see who puts their name forward for election.

I'm fairly sure we all agreed that there are some rules and regulations that need to be changed. And the best way to do this is from within i.e. be one of the Board Members.

Unfortunately, if you're not already an auDA member you cannot vote at this year's election. However, please don't let that put you off from joining. It's cheap - and I think you still get an auDA cap!

Hi guys

I am pleased to announce that I will be nominating for the auDA Board Elections.

I ask for everyone's support. The auDA Board is in desperate need of change, and needs Directors who understand our industry.

I have been involved in this industry for over a decade and most of you know me. Most of you also know that I have been campaigning against unfair regulation of monetisation and after market sales (among other things). We are one of the only jurisdictions in the world that have these type of restrictions.

These elections are very important - if you are an auDA member you have a chance to make a change! Make your vote count.

If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

Cheers
Erhan

domainlover

Top Contributor
Lets get behing Erhan and help elect board members that REALLY understand the domain industry. Erhan is one of the good guys and i for one can vouch for that.

neddy

Top Contributor
Erhan Karabardak of Cooper Mills is definitely a fine candidate. He ran last year and narrowly failed to be elected.

As "Admin" of DN Trade, I can absolutely recommend Erhan to those of you who don't know him.

He will definitely be a voice for domainers and domain owners - and has been an active supporter of DN Trade and its members.

Please vote for him! :)

Anyone else interested in contesting the election? There are two positions available.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
As most of you know I'll be running for the election this year. I thought I'd login and post this on DNT as many people are on here have voted for me in previous years.

Feel free to get in touch "Domainer Income" on Skype or send me a PM.

James

Top Contributor
I will be pushing for candidates this year, if it is not James Wester I will vote for, let me know how I can help I own a few web master blogs and decent social profiles. I am sure I can get people motivated to vote for change...

neddy

Top Contributor
I will run for it.

Hey Lorenzo, I respect your right to do so, but one thing to think of is "splitting the vote".

IMO, we should have two candidates that domainers can get behind.

Otherwise votes get diluted, and we may not get any representatives on the Board.

Just something to think about ...........

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Ned are you running? You might have something to offer. Can we get those who are running to do a brief speal here outlining .

1. How people can join auda and vote for you

http://www.auda.org.au/pdf/auda-membership-form.pdf
http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-260811/

2. what you will do if elected

For those who are running for election how about some campaiging? Are you actively campaiging for votes? Its all over in 2 weeks so nows the time here in this forum and elsewhere if you want a chance this time around! Change is needed.. You might be the one we have been waiting for! email all you know and get the votes you need. Auda needs some new blood and many changes to policy and their expenditure ( does every new member really need an Auda Cap?.. does AUda need its recent big newspaper advertisements? Does the AUDA foundation work... is it needed?...is it a waste of money? or is lower AUDA domain fees a better priority? What Policies need changing... Should theAuda CEO be a contract position advertised each few years or yearly.. should the crazy 6 month rule be deleted from policy?

http://www.auda.org.au/board/members/

http://www.auda.org.au/membership/membership-overview/

Call for nominations for election to auDA Board

19/Aug/2011

The AGM will elect four Directors to the Board, to replace the Directors who must retire from the Board in accordance with auDA's Constitution (see below). The Directors elected will serve for a term of two years.

The vacancies that will become available are:
•two (2) Directors elected only by the Supply Class Members
•two (2) Directors elected only by the Demand Class Members

Retiring Directors may re-contest these vacancies.

People intending to stand for election to the Board should note that their signed nominations must be received by 5pm AEST, Friday 9 September 2011. Late nominations will not be accepted.

Membership of auDA is not strictly necessary for nominees seeking to become Directors, but candidates must be nominated and seconded by current financial auDA members in accordance with clause 19.4 of auDA’s Constitution. Candidates who themselves comply with clause 19.4 may nominate or second themselves.

In accordance with clause 18.3 of auDA’s Constitution, a Director who is elected by Demand Class Members must not be a Supply Related Person (refer to the definition in clause 1.2).

Information for prospective candidates - fees and expenses

The auDA Board meets six times a year, usually in Melbourne. Elected Directors receive a fee of $750.00 per meeting attended (in person or by teleconference), in addition to reimbursement of travel expenses.

Instructions for standing for election to the auDA Board
1.Complete the nomination form. Make sure you sign it and get signatures from your proposer and seconder, both of whom must be current financial auDA members.
2.Fax the form to auDA on 03 8341 4112 by 5pm AEST, Friday 9 September 2011. Late nominations will not be accepted.

For more information, contact jacki.osullivan@auda.org.au .

auDA 2011 AGM - Directors retiring by rotation

The following Directors are retiring by rotation from the Board at the 2011 AGM, in accordance with clause 19.3 of auDA's Constitution.

Amin Kroll (Supply)
George Pongas (Supply)
Joshua Rowe (Demand)
Rosemary Sinclair (Demand)

Last edited:

neddy

Top Contributor
Ned are you running? You might have something to offer. Can we get those who are running to do a brief speal here outlining .

1. How people can join auda and vote for you

http://www.auda.org.au/pdf/auda-membership-form.pdf
http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-260811/

2. what you will do if elected

The following Directors are retiring by rotation from the Board at the 2011 AGM, in accordance with clause 19.3 of auDA's Constitution.

Amin Kroll (Supply)
George Pongas (Supply)
Joshua Rowe (Demand)
Rosemary Sinclair (Demand)

Hi DomainNames - I was seriously contemplating running given my passion and interest in the .au space. The most important thing imho is not to dilute the vote
and have a 3 or 4 way contest for two positions (amongst ourselves). Given that Erhan is running, and Simon Johnson definitely wants to run again, I have decided
to put my own ambition on hold.

I agree with all you other comments, and I will start up a special section for auDA Elections. It is vital that our candidates get organised now with regards getting
proxies sorted out etc.

When we are advised of the official candidates, I will invite all of them to make a statement on here as to what they stand for. Erhan has been a regular contributor
on DNT so we know that he will actively look after domainers interests. Simon no doubt will post something in the near future as to why those that don't know of him
should vote for him.

Cheers, Ned

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I haven't read yet about COR fees...why are we paying them with most Registrars?

AUDA should ban that.

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I haven't read yet about COR fees...why are we paying them with most Registrars?

AUDA should ban that.

Charging a fee for the COR is ridiculous. I've discussed this at length with auDA, both privately and publicly at panel meetings. This charge is really just revenue raising and it should be scrapped entirely.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Yes ban the COR ( Chaneg of Registrant) now! Its a ripoff and it can be done easily paparfree now without need from registrars manually doing it ( just like a new registration is done automatically now )

Who will make this one of their campaign promises to push for if they are elected to the Board? ( obviously not a registrar).

Simon can you list what you will push for if you get onto the AUDA board?

Who are the members from this board running for the 2 supply board positions and who are running for the 2 demand board positions?

Last edited:

neddy

Top Contributor
Simon can you list what you will push for if you get onto the AUDA board?

I have asked Simon if he could an article for DNT as to why members should vote for him, and he has just replied saying he will have something to us by next week. :)

Honan

Top Contributor
Lets get the facts right
AUDA do NOT charge for COR
Auda allows registrars to charge or NOT to charge for COR
Auda , however insists on a new 2 year reg period as part of the COR
So it would seem that the COR fee could be abolished by us all marching with our feet to only process COR at the cheapest registrar for the COR charge (after transferring the domain to that registrar for free)
The requirement for a new 2 year reg. as part of COR is what needs to be challenged and changed

Designer

Have just read rules of joining, and apparently you have to be a financial member for 3 months to be allowed to vote. That sucks.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member