What's new

Adding shopping cart to Genesis Theme

Alex

Top Contributor
Hello,

Am in the process of developing a number of Genesis themed websites for local business in Bellingen.

The first one that has been confirmed the customer has asked for the http://demo.studiopress.com/apparition/ to be used.

I personally love it, but later (few months time) I do believe the customer will want to install a simple shopping cart on the items (blog posts) listed on homepage.

Would any kind person give me an induction of how they would go about this or even give reference of a tutorial?

My experience level is basic (have never installed a shopping cart) but have set up a few standard Genesis themes.

Kind Regards,
Alex

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Genesis/Studiopress or not won't be much obstacle in integrating the number of WordPress shopping carts into the site.

Alex

Top Contributor
Am hoping for something in similarity to vcccheap(dot)com, but nicer looking.

findtim

Top Contributor
i'm getting into woocommerce lately and it integrates with genesis via a paid plugin i believe.

i previously tried "getshopped" and i WON'T be going back :eek:

tim

Alex

Top Contributor
Am thinking about initially just installing paypal buttons next to products listed at HipsterShot.com.au

Guess this is easiest, quickest, trusted way to be able to receive payment from client?

Big plus is my view is not needing a traditional merchant account.

Kind Regards,
Alex

Alex

Top Contributor
Am getting this error --->

Installing Plugin: WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce 2.0.13
Downloading install package from http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/woocommerce.2.0.13.zip…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/hipsters/public_html/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/

Plugin install failed.

Return to Plugin Installer

<--- When trying to install WooCommerce - excelling eCommerce 2.0.13

Anyone ever ran into this before. I also have tried to upload as zip and get ---> The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

I checked my Web Host Manager to up the Disk quota to 100(MB) and
Monthly bandwidth 100(MB)

So now not really sure what to do?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads