What's new

100% Catch Rates at Drop.com.au

trellian

Top Contributor
I hope everyone has noticed our current catch rates!

Currently winning all contested domains, so a 100% catch rate on contested names.

So if you are blind bidding somewhere else, time to revisit drop.com.au again, since most names are being picked up for $25
So a great time to catch those gems.

Cheers
David

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Work in progress Luke.

Lots of changes planned and in stages of being released.

Cheers
David

You may want to look at your aftermarket platform, charge a reasonable commission of 5% and promote it for people to buy and sell more widely. More eyes will visit the site, take part in the drops, aftermarket and overall give you more money and support stimulating growth and positivity.

https://www.drop.com.au/my_account/ams.php
"Not Found
The requested URL /my_account/ams.php was not found on this server."

trellian

Top Contributor
Yes working on the aftermarket as well. A reasonable and realistic commission is closer to 15% though. Merchant fees are upto 3.95%, escrow bank fees take a bit as well and then you need to factor in development costs, marketing, support and all the admin that goes with it. Until the volumes grow the rate can then be evaluated, but at 5% the aftermarket place would be making a loss. So that is not viable.

ttfan

Top Contributor
Do you still show the domains caught for the day? That's something I also enjoyed looking at, and learn something in the process.
While I do like filter options on the daily auction page, some options never seem to work, and some only work sometimes.

trellian

Top Contributor
Do you still show the domains caught for the day? That's something I also enjoyed looking at, and learn something in the process.
While I do like filter options on the daily auction page, some options never seem to work, and some only work sometimes.
Not yet but that is planned to be put back in. So will definitely be added back in. Right now most names are going for $25. So a great time to place bids.

Cheers
David

ttfan

Top Contributor
So is there any way of seeing which domains you managed to catch for the most recent day? They used to be at the top of the list, on your old website, which was really useful, but I can't see any at all on your new website.

It would also be really useful if you could add the "links" columns on your Daily Drop List, as I find that a useful indicator of value (in temrs of it's old links profile).

trellian

Top Contributor
So is there any way of seeing which domains you managed to catch for the most recent day? They used to be at the top of the list, on your old website, which was really useful, but I can't see any at all on your new website.

It would also be really useful if you could add the "links" columns on your Daily Drop List, as I find that a useful indicator of value (in temrs of it's old links profile).
Still working on both of the above. We do list the on the homepage recently caught but ranked in $. The plan is to have a section where you can see what has been caught and for how much.

As for Links the data column is there, but scraping these results requires some work before the number are back. Hope to have that resolved shortly.

Cheers
David

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Yes working on the aftermarket as well. A reasonable and realistic commission is closer to 15% though. Merchant fees are upto 3.95%, escrow bank fees take a bit as well and then you need to factor in development costs, marketing, support and all the admin that goes with it. Until the volumes grow the rate can then be evaluated, but at 5% the aftermarket place would be making a loss. So that is not viable.

Check out some lower rate merchant fee providers. Stripe.com etc
Netfleet commission charge 8%https://www.netfleet.com.au/toc.php

trellian

Top Contributor
We recently changed to Stripe for Drop, the rates are still not great 1.5% to 3% depending on the card type plus $0.30 transaction fee, plus a lot of hidden fees, such as for refunds you do not get back the merchant fee they charge. Plus the risk with chargebacks on top. So you need to factor this in when offering high value sales that may later need to be refunded.

For low value orders such as a domain renewal of $10.00 the cost is $0.45 to $0.59 so that is 4.5% to 5.9% of the charge amount. So if you can please renew in bulk ;)

Cheers
David

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Would it be possible to sync a customers portfolio of domains to a single transaction and also provide a price incentive to register for multiple years?

trellian

Top Contributor
Yes Domain Sync is an option. That can be done, just reach out to our support team,they can assist with that.

As for price incentives for multi year renewals,there are no current promotions for multi year renewals. I am sure that we will do a post here if something is made available for us to pass on.

Cheers
David

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members